2

"Up up! Class is beginning soon!" A girls voice rang out.

I blinked my eyes slowly as the light poured in and hit me hard. I rubbed the sleep away before sitting up and noticing the girls, including Enma, were beginning to make their beds. I glanced around before I did the same and stood up, Wrapping my arms around my stomach.

"You! Up!" A fair lady pointed at me, her brown eyes squinted at me as she approached me

"You! Up!" A fair lady pointed at me, her brown eyes squinted at me as she approached me. She looked important--or I figured she was. "Make your bed and change into the dress provided for you. Class starts soon and anyone late will be punished. "

I mumbled beneath my breath and stood up, earning a disapproving look from her. She took another step to me." What is your name, slave?"

I hated that name so bad." I'm not a slave. I am Nemiah Hëldger, daughter of Jumian!" I glared.

She narrowed her eyes at me, before a little smirk played on her lips as though she dealt with it all before. "Listen here, Nemiah. I am Nigar Kalfa, the one in charge around here,and you listen to me.  You have only this life provided to you in the Palace or else its death for you. Do you understand?"

I lowered my head as my eyes fell to the ground." I do--i am sorry, I just wish to return home." I whispered.

"There is no other place for you but here. Now, join the others." She turned and left, but at the door was the fair red haired lady once again, checking us all out. She spoke to Nigar, a smile upon her lips. Her eyes however kept going toward me and I felt nervous suddenly.

I did what was expected of me and made my bed, before I dressed into the white long sleeves dress which hugged my curves. I wore a blue think silk vest that supposedly symbolized I was in training to becoming a concubine. I hurried to get in line behind Enma.

Enma was exchanging words with another girl before whispering to me excitedly, pointing above me." I just heard that all the Sultans favorites get their own private room upstairs. I think that's neat, don't you?"

I raised a brow at her happiness before shaking my head." I do not care for those things. I do not wish to be a favorite." I noticed one girl in particular at the top kept eye balling me and I was tempted to call her out.

But I didnt want to get in trouble with Nigar anymore than I already was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~