25

||Mehmed POV||

"Have you not seen Leana? I was trying to find her but I figured she was helping out another concubine. "I sighed.

Mustafa smiled at me as he rested his hand on my shoulder. "Brother, patience is a trait we must live on if we wish to be content. "He walked alongside of me.

"You speak to me as though I do not know patience. I have kept true to myself and have been trying to keep my head straight. I think it is you who should learn the meaning of patience. "I teased back, feeling calm and collected at the moment.

"I do have patience.."He looked away from me and started to have a different look upon his face, his smile gone. "But when it comes to certain things, impatience can be a temptation. "

I gave him a confused look. "What has put that expression on your face? What is it you've done Mustafa?"

Mustafa opened his mouth to speak before I seen Mihimirah coming our way, looking very distressed. "Sister, what is it?"

Mihimirah was staring at Mustafa instead, her blue eyes glaring hard. "Mehmed, may I have a moment alone with Mustafa? Just a private one."

"I don't like to be excluded from your talks. If you wish to speak fo him then speak. "I stood my ground, wanting to know what was so important."

"Fine." Mihimirah tilted her nose up. "Mustafa, I want a confession from you, but also the truth. Did you lay with Nemiah?"

I looked at him now, eyebrows scrunched together. Mustafa wasn't smiling or any emotion. He was just giving her a straight look. "I did."
"You took advantage of her-"

"Is this what you came to me for? To start a feud?" Mustafa asked annoyed slightly.

"Answer me, Mustafa. Nemiah came back to my chamber looking as though death had approached her. I questioned her and she gave me the simple truth. "Mihimirah hissed at him, the anger showing in her eyes.

"She is my concubine, Mihimirah. I am allowed to be with whom I choose. If you are asking if I took advantage of her, no I did not. "Mustafa looked at me and I looked away.

'That's why he was so quiet this morning. '

"It doesn't matter if she was your concubine. You could have at least acted human and approached her in a different way. You didn't have to act like your mother--"

"Leave my mother out of this. Yes, I shouldn't have done what I did last night, but only I have myself to blame. But I planned to fix my wrongs by seeing Nemiah and apologizing-"

"I doubt an apology would fix anything. You made your bed, Mustafa. You must lie in it. How things will be from now on, doesn't concern me, but I am going to warn you about Fatma: control her, or I will do something myself." She turned and left in a hasty manner.

I stayed silent before looking to Mustafa." Mustafa-"

"I have had enough, Mehmed. I am going back to my chamber. "He simply said and left me there, as he turned the corner and disappeared.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~