8

||Nemiah||

I carried the tray as I tried to stay balanced and not dump it everywhere. Less, the Sultana would banish me. Do I care about her opinion? I do not think so. Do I care about where I could go? Yes. I don't have the money and I doubt any transportation would sneak me home.

As I walked through the hall, I couldn't help but hear talking down a hall. I peeked my head around the corner, seeing that one Sultana I had seen before--her name I had discovered as Hurrem. She was speaking to an older man who wore a hat that stood for more higher up royalty.

"..Mihimirah is with Mehmet currently in their studies. They wish you would pay them a visit." Hurrem Chirped happily to the man.

"I will see my children before the sunsets. How are you doing with our child?" The man touched Hurrem's large stomach as she was beaming with hoy.

"The prince is doing just fine. I know he will be as handsome as his father." She touched The man's face.

They seemed so happy. I wished I was desperately with my family.

"NEMA."

I became startled and dropped my tray, my eyes going wide as I looked down. I tried to gather my cups and bowels but everything was ruined. Hands reached out and grabbed my shoulder, pulling me up.  I came eye to eye with Gulsä and knew she wouldn't hesitate to snitch me out. "I-"

"I-I- what? You screwed up! You haven't even went a day for our Sultana and you have dropped her food! How dare you! You are not worthy of my Sultana's attention-"

"Gulsä!" The womans voice spoke out behind me, and Hurrem's were narrowed as the man was gone. "Lower your voice--it makes my head ache and your presence annoys me. Why are you cuasing a scene?"

"Says you. You embarrassed My Sultana in front of his Majesty when it was her night with him. You are a devil, Hurrem. And one day you will get what's coming to you." She hissed before turning and leaving.

I didn't know what was going to happen to me, I looked to Hurrem and did a little curtsey. "Thank you." I murmured.

"Do not be afraid. It is okay. Gulsä has always been a snake honestly and they are never ones you want to be around. "Hurrem smiled.

"Unfortunately I am one of the Sultanas maids--at least for now until Gulsä tells her of the mess I maid."  I lowered my head as I picked up my mess.

"Were you one of the new concubines brought?"

"I was indeed. Nemiah Hëldger. But in her case, Nema. Don't really like Nema but I have to settle with it for now." I spoke softly.

"Well, if she throw you from her chamber, I am looking for a handmaid. Say Sultana Hurrem sent you, and they will get you set up in my chamber. "She smiled before leaving.

I watched her go before I gathered my items and headed to the kitchen to get mew food for the sultana.