28

__________________________________

"Do you know why fire cannot burn me? Because I am that fire itself.."

______________________________________

Nemiah pov》

     After yesterday's incident, I had been trying hard to avoid trouble with the others, currently sitting with two other concubines who I had just met, yet, liked already. Hanna, and Delilah. Both were as pretty as the Nile, yet kinder than others. One blonde concubine with the 'eyes of the Caspian sea', and the other raven haired maiden whose eyes are dark as night. Hanna offered me the little plate, which carried a sweet delicious treat on them, taking one I popped it into my mouth with a smile. I felt something turning in my stomach, my taste buds seeming a bit off. I chose to ignore it and finish my meal when the doors opened and Mahidevran entered with a very unhappy look.

"It seems as if our Sultana is never happy. I don't know how else you could simply make the matter better for her." Delilah whispered, fixing the skirt of her dress.

It was as if she was hearing us, her head turning our way and her eyes landed on me. "What a surprise: thought you would have been gone by now. You are doing nothing but causing trouble in the harem. "

"Good evening to you too, Sultana." I spoke quietly, dropping my eyes. I didn't want a fight, and just wanted a peaceful day for once.

Mahidevran stared me down more before she turned away and went across the room to sit. I felt Ill a bit, no longer wanting to touch the meal that sat on the table. I gave a quiet excuse before I got up to leave, until I seen Gulsä rush in and over to Mahidevran in a quick manner.                    

She said something low enough, but important too for the Sultana when suddenly she was smiling. It made me chill to the bone to wonder what was possibly making her day better. I left the room, half of me wanting to follow Gulsä and see what was happening while the other half was whispering for me to go back to my room. I stood in the hallway, just minding myself as I took a deep breath to calm myself down. Nothing bad was going to happen.

I am ok.

"You look uneasy, Nemiah." Nigar spoke as she descended the stairs from Hurrems room. "Isn't it still dinner time? Everyone should be leaving their chambers to come there, the Sultan and the princes will be in their own chambers. "

"I am, Nigar. Just simply feeling unwell, that's all. "I spoke softly, resting my hands  on my stomach. Nigar kept watching me with uncertainty before speaking.

"Very well." She curtsied and headed straight to the dining hall, but I was heading off else where. I turned down the hall and went toward Mehmed's room when one of the guards notified me that the prince wasn't there at the moment. Didn't Nigar just say they were? Unless Mehmed had something to do. I could've waited, but I chose not to as I walked down the hall again. When I approached my door, I didn't get halfway in my doorway when I seen Mustafa waiting by the end of my bed, hands behind his back.

I got that uneasy feeling again, but could you blame me? "My prince-" I bowed my head.

Mustafa took a step toward me. "Nemiah, let us walk and discuss a few matters in this process. "

I felt that illness rising back up, and I bit my tongue to hod back. I don't know if it was due to stress that I was feeling this way or if I caught something. I left my room and walked alongside of him, as we stepped outside and walked around the courtyard. "My prince, why have you visit me?"

"Well..I wanted to apologize first hand for making you feel unsafe and hurt, and want nothing but peace between us. "I stayed silent as he continued to speak, to see what was truly on his mind. "I will not deny, Nema, that you have truly stolen my attention, and have intrigued me. My thoughts become filled with nothing but moments of you when you smile."

I was looking away but I know there was pink showing on my cheeks. "You're just saying that to be nice."

"Isn't it the right thing to do, to call a woman beautiful?" We both stopped walking as we faced one another, my eyes meeting his.

"Sometimes..but if theres something behind it, then that word truly means nothing. I am just another concubine among the others. "I said simply, turning to leave but he gently grabbed my arm and I looked at him.

"You're more than that, Nemiah. And I just want you to know: when in trouble, you can come to me. My arms will be open to you.."the intense gaze he was giving me was causing a chill up my spine, my feet telling me to move.

"Mustafa,-" I placed a hand over my mouth as I felt my stomach turning again, before turning away from him and going back to my chamber.

Was he truly trying to make things better? Or is it all just a game he is playing?