CHAPTER FOUR

⚔︎

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

My stomach hurt as I stepped outside the tent, the hot air made the jumpsuit stick to my skin as sweat beads formed all over my body, partially because I was nervous and partially because I was hot.

I could hear chattering coming from the other two tents and although the tents were solid white, I could see brief shadow lines from inside the tent.

Just how many boys are in this section anyway? I think to myself as I watch the counselor walk towards the tent closest to us. It was then that I noticed sticker labels on the top of each tent.

SECTION B // TENT THREE
SECTION B // TENT TWO
SECTION B // TENT ONE

The counselor walked over to tent two and peered his head inside, resulting in an audible amount of groans and curse words.

"What did I tell you about doing that, Seongcho!" I can hear a male voice agitatedly yell as Seongcho makes his way into the tent. I stand awkwardly on the outside as he goes in to talk to the boys.

I considered just bailing it now. Taking off running and taking a bullet to the back. Anything else rather than to be in this uncomfortable situation.

But I grit my teeth and continued to stand there as the counselor speaks to the boys in tent two.

I saw a shadow appear in the entrance of tent three and then a person comes out, the one named Eric.

He walks over to my side, sizing me up as he does so and I shift uncomfortably.

"Sorry for being so mean earlier. Hope your feelings aren't hurt?" He says awkwardly in an attempt to clear the air and I shrug. "Whatever," I reply, looking back at tent two.

Then the counselor comes out again, followed by a group of heavy footsteps and red jumpsuits.

One by one they come out and I feel myself shrinking as they all stare at me. Once again, in disbelief.

"What the hell is this," a boy with brown hair yells at the counselor after he looked at me wildly. "Why is that girl here, where's the new camper?"

"This is the new camper." Seongcho says exasperatedly for the umpteenth time today. Eric throws an arm around my shoulder, smiling.

"Her names Chaeyoung and she's staying in our tent," the slightly sweaty boy says cheekily and I
shrug his arm off of me.