CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

⚔︎

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"While I can't promise you a heating pad, I do have some pain relief pills you can take." Seongcho says to me while reaching in some kind of box that sat on a dresser in his tiny room, decorated with only a single bed and a small tv that sat on the floor.

It's sad how even the counselors here have bad living conditions. I kept that thought to myself as I
looked around his room. The other counselors had the exact same style rooms.

He shuffles around in the dusty brown box a bit while I stand behind him, trying not to faint from the immense pain in my lower stomach. Honestly, I just wanted to rip my uterus out so I'd never have to deal with this shit again. But then I'd probably die, so nevermind.

"Don't you need some kind of sanitary pads too?" Seongcho asks me and I nod.

"Well you're pretty damn lucky the warden gives a shit about you. Although this is a males camp, when you came here, he ordered some feminine products to be shipped just for you. All ya gotta do is go see him at his den." Seongcho tells me while handing me the tiny box of medicated pain relievers.

"Thank you so much." I tell him gratefully as I immediately pop one of the pills out of the container and throw it in my mouth, swallowing it dry. The rough texture of the pill matches the dryness of my throat, but I honestly could care less.

"No worries. Now get back to your tent so you can go with those boys to dinner." He shoos me towards the door of the cabin, and I nod.

"See you later, Seongcho."

He closes the door behind me, leaving me in the silence of the darkening atmosphere. It was almost relaxing seeing how no one was around, and how quiet it was. Until I remember that this was a juvenile camp, and that I should be on guard at all times.

I was about to call for Chanhee and Haknyeon when I noticed a figure walking my way, his head staring down at the dirt as he walked. His red jumpsuit was a bit dirty and his sleeves were tied around his arms, a common practice around the camp.

My heart nearly jumped out of my chest when I recognized the head of golden blonde that belonged to Hyunjin, who I'd only gotten to speak to once. And that was only a bit before he helped me in the cafeteria.

I felt a bit nervous as he slowly approached, seemingly not noticing my presence. I still wanted to thank him, and I had every opportunity to do so now while the B tent boys were away.

"Hyunjin?" My voice rings in the silence, and his head lifts up at my voice, eyes wide before they landed on me.

"Chaeyoung?" I heard his voice call back as his eyes settle on me, and then he's smiling. "Long time no see." He says as he walks up to me, his body towering over mine.