CHAPTER NINETEEN

⚔︎

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Hey Chae, wanna come with us to the Wreck Room?" Eric offers me as he sits across the tent from me on his cot, pulling his work boots on.

I nod, even though I was tired, laying down on my cot. My muscles were extremely sore from the run from today, but the other boys seemed full of energy.

"I think most of us are gonna go," Eric tells me as he looks around the tent, seeing Kevin and Changmin conversing amongst themselves. The two were also putting on their work boots.

"It's better for you to come so you aren't here alone." Eric informs me, and I nod in agreement.

"You haven't been there yet, have you?" Kevin asks me curiously and I shake my head no. The Wreck Room was one of the few places on the camp I hadn't been yet.

"Then cmon, we can play a board game or two. Hopefully they fixed the tv." Kevin says while lending a hand for me to grab and I take it gratefully, my legs desperately aching in agony as I stood up but I tried not to let my discomfort show.

Juyeon wasn't here, so I'd assume he wasn't coming either.

"Damn girl, you look really worn out today." Kevin says as he examines me, his eyes looking me up and down.

I already knew my hair was a mess all over my head. My jumpsuit was dirty from falling so many times during the run and my hands were bruised and calloused.

"That's cause I am. This camp is fucking killing me." I grumble, running my hand through my hair rough, dry hair, detangling it.

"Better get used to it. You still got nine months left." Changmin says with a wink, turning his back and leaving out of the tent.

I roll my eyes at him, grabbing my water canteen from underneath my cot, then we leave and head over to the wreck room.

▃▃▃▃▃▃

The sun was slowly setting, casting a pretty orange glow over the rundown camp. On the porch of the wreck room sat many campers from tent divisions, some gambling their snacks and others conversing arrogantly loud.

It was easy to tell how many of the boys here tried to make themselves seem tougher than they truly were in an effort to establish dominance. But then again, who knows what they were sentenced here for. It seemed to be a mix of cowards and rebels.