CHAPTER FIVE

⚔︎

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

The heels of my boots dug into the dry, parched dirt as I walked in circles a few meters away from the tents in an attempt to calm down. I wasn't sure how long I'd been over here, but the silence of the area was comforting.

It was already hard to feel welcome here, and some of the boys were making it even harder for me. Even my father never made me feel this unwelcome. I didn't want to act like a bitch about it, but it was very annoying.

I squat on the ground, drawing small circles in the dirt when I hear footsteps approaching me. I look up, seeing Juyeon walking towards me. His jumpsuit top hung down as it was secured by a belt on his waist, letting his white undershirt show.

"Hey, Seongcho said come over." He tells me, tilting his head in the direction of the tent grounds.

I sigh, my frustration plastered all over my face like a mask. "What is it now?" I ask in a low voice.

"Time for the group session," he tells me, making a clicking sound with his tongue in his mouth. Then he walks off, leaving me to follow him.

Oh God, more talking with them. I almost wanted to off myself right then and there.

I drag myself up, dusting off the bottom of my red jumpsuit and I trudge slowly back over to the tent where the sight of twelve chairs are placed in a somewhat small circle, half of them full and half were standing around the tents.

Some of the boys talked amongst themselves while others just looked bored out of their minds.

Shit, I thought to myself. This felt like choosing a seat when you're the new student in a class.

There was an open chair next to the one called Younghoon , all the way on the far right, who sat in silence observing the others.

I slowly walk up behind the group, quietly as to not bring attention to myself and I sit down. A few of them look up at me, then return their attentions back to the others.

And others chose to start a conversation with me.

"Hey Chaeyoung," I heard a voice call and I look over to see Haknyeon, sitting on the opposite side of Younghoon. Younghoon doesn't even acknowledge my presence.

"Hello," I say back sheepishly. Haknyeon seemed like a nice guy. I mean it was ridiculous for me to make presumptions about any of them, giving I don't know what kind of crimes they committed to get here. But I felt that Haknyeon was at least somewhat genuine.