CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

⚔︎

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Ripping Hyunjin and Juyeon away from each other wasn't as easy as it seemed. Seongcho practically took a few punches to the face as he tried to pull the two boys apart.

I hid behind Chanhee's back, trying to swallow the huge lump in my throat and the tears that were starting to dry in the corner of my eyes from hearing Hyunjin's words.

"Juyeon's good at fighting." Chanhee mumbles absentmindedly as he bites into his cracker, completely amused by the brawl taking place.

Juyeon and Hyunjin continued to throw intense swings at each other, eventually falling to the ground and practically choking each other out until Seongcho finally had enough.

"BREAK IT UP!!" Seongcho shouted at the two with an angry and reddened face as he grabs the back of Hyunjin's shirt, forcefully pulling him off of Juyeon.

Hyunjin's bottom lip was split bloody, and so was the top half of his jumpsuit from the fight he shared with Juyeon. Drips of blood splattered onto his white undershirt. Juyeon grins with dark eyes, pleased by the sight.

The crowd that formed in the cool night air outside of the cafeteria slowly grew in size, and pretty soon the other B tent boys were standing behind me.

"Hyunjin!" A guy shouts from the other side of the crowd, shoving aside some other campers to get through.

Hyunjin whips his head around to face the one called Chan, leader of S tent. Behind Chan appears the rest of the boys from S tent, scowls on their faces as they eye Juyeon and the rest of us.

"Don't you go anywhere Hyunjin! The wardens den is where you and Juyeon will be going for the night!" Seongcho shouts as he reaches an arm out to stop Hyunjin from walking away.

Juyeon lifts his shirt to wipe away the mixture of blood and sweat mixed in with the scratches on his face and arms. I felt a mixture of guilt and anguish as I watched the two.

Because it's your fault, stupid. My mind nags me, making me look back down at the dirt.

A large rumble of whispers and murmurs flooded through the air as the group of campers from other divisions talked amongst themselves. I heard my name in a few conversations and it made me grimace.

Younghoon reaches an arm out and pats my back as he sees my discomfort.

"This is bad." Younghoon mumbles as he eyes the scene before us, and a few of the B tent boys nod in agreement.

"They're all bloody.." Eric whispers to Kevin.

"I wonder why they fought this time?" Kevin whispers back to which Eric shrugs.