CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

⚔︎

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Halfway on the other side of the camp were the S tent boys, lounging around inside of one of the three tents in their division.

There sat a few of the S tent members, who were historically known as the greatest threats to Camp Red Lake.

Their group leader, Chan, sat on his cot in the tent that occupied himself, Minho and Hyunjin. Chan's black hair was cut short, accentuating his relaxed face.

"Seungmin and the others should be back soon," says a brown haired Minho, earning a nod in response from Chan.

The S tent boys showed great respect to Chan, especially since he was the member who was sentenced there for the longest. Not only that, but he was intimidating, even to them.

Minho lays back on his cot, his eyes finding their way to the blonde haired Hyunjin who sat on the ground, typing into his phone that he snuck into the camp.

"Texting that girl?" Minho asks with a grin, earning a stare from the golden-haired boy.

"No. She doesn't want to talk to me anyway." Hyunjin utters a moody response, tossing his phone to the side. He grabs his duffel bag on the side of his cot and pulls out a sports magazine instead. Knowing it was outdated, he shrugged as he boredly flipped through the pages.

Minho eyes the boy suspiciously, noting something had been up with him ever since he returned from breakfast this morning. Although he only knew Hyunjin for a few months, he was able to read him easily.

"Did something happen?" Minho asks curiously, his dark catlike eyes piercing into Hyunjin's who stared at his magazine. Hyunjin and Chan look up, caught off guard.

"With who?" Chan asks, adjusting himself on his cot.

"Hyunjin," Minho replies, eyeing the boy. "You've been so grumpy ever since you came back."

Hyunjin avoids the boys' eyes, continuing his blank stare at the magazine. He didn't necessarily want to let them know that he'd gotten into a fight with Juyeon.

Although he had a bruise on his left cheek from the altercation with the B tent boy, he covered the left side with a smudge of dirt to mask it. It wasn't unusual for the boys at the camp to be covered in dirt, anyway.

Hyunjin felt the anger stir in his chest again when he thought about the fight. And about him, that B tent boy who ruined his life. But as hypocritical as he was, he could say he did the same to him.