CHAPTER SIXTEEN

⚔︎

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

I sat in tent one with four of the B tent boys; Kevin, Chanhee, Hyunjae and Haknyeon. I wasn't ready to go back to my tent yet, in case I ran into Juyeon.

It wasn't as if I was afraid of him now. I just wanted to know the truth, but I was too afraid to ask about the truth. And besides, I didn't want to poke my nose into his business... no matter how badly I wanted to know, I wouldn't push my boundaries. I was already his false girlfriend..

Haknyeon sat on a cot across from me, Hyunjae and Chanhee sat on the floor of the tent, next to the cot I sat on.

"I'm just glad you're okay," Kevin tells me as he's sitting next to me on the cot.

"Me too. I wish I was there so I could've beat their ass also." Hyunjae adds in a deep, frustrated voice.

I almost felt touched by their words. But then I remembered that they were practically forced to protect and watch over me, and my smile fell. I kept forgetting just how much of all of this was forced, and not something they wanted to do... it was because Seongcho promised them a benefit in return.

I quietly sigh to myself as my depressing thoughts took over. Why did I want to mean so much to these boys who I barely knew? It was incredibly stupid of me.

"Are you okay? Did they hurt you?" Chanhee asks me curiously after noticing the slumped look on my face and I shake my head.  He takes my arm and examines it, seeing the faint bruises from the boys grabbing me earlier. He frowns, staring up at me.

"I'm fine," I lie to him and he sighs, beginning to give my arm a light massage.

"I'm so sorry the rest of us weren't there. We wouldn't have let them lay a finger on you." Haknyeon tells me with a serious voice, his eyes wide.

"I wasn't expecting Hyunjin to jump into the fight though," Hyunjae mumbles, cocking his head. "That situation didn't involve S tent in any way. Probably just wanted to show everyone how "tough" he is." Hyunjae says mockingly, a small grin on his face.

I didn't quite understand what he meant. "What do you mean by that?" I ask him curiously, making all of them look up at me.

"You didn't know?" Haknyeon asks me with a flabbergasted look on his face. I almost wanted to slap myself for not knowing what seemed obvious. My cheeks flushed red in embarrassment.

"I don't... did Hyunjin do something?" I ask curiously, secretly wanting to know more about the boy with golden hair.

Chanhee laughs, gently slapping my shoulder. "You're more dense than I thought." He tells me, poking his cheek with his tongue. "It's not necessarily about Hyunjin. It's about all of S tent."