𝟎𝟔

𝐎𝐌𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐓

"stupid ass dudes, what i look like writing a poem when im rich." braylen chuckled.

"shut the fuck up bray, we need to focus." jolea said, brayeln growing a mug in response.

after a while, the girls had started jotting down ideas in which included their powers and how they could be beneficial.

• since braylen had invisibility, she could be helpful in sneakiness.
• since jolea had the telekinesis, they'd have to
look for objects like keys to help them get out.
• since avona had true sight, she could see what we could not notice.
• since my'ani was a shapeshifter, there could be different things she could form into in help of distraction and escape.
• and since astoria had intangibility, she was the brains and the wise words.

"i really just wanna know why my p-" braylen was cut off by a finger in her face.

"if you finish that sentence imma slap you my damn self and i dont even condone that shit." astoria spoke.

it was really unfortunate where braylen's mind stood at. she still had the faith that her parents were going to come get her.

all the other girls really didn't have good relationships with their parents, so they couldn't even try to understand.

but at the end of the day, what made the most sense is if all of their parents, were actually looking...

"time to eat ladies." one of the men yelled, sliding the five trays under the door.

there sat the low quality food that they were fed everyday. all of the girls tired of it and were one day hoping for an actual meal.

"y'all aint shit!" my'ani yelled and the men did nothing but chuckle at her, particularly due to the fact that she's been saying it everyday.

braylen huffed, getting up and moving into a far corner of the room and shoving her head between her knees.

astoria began to eat her food, she'd been doing it since she got there, and every day all the girls would look at her crazy.

"lemme tell y'all asses something," she started. "at my big years of age, i've learned what it means to do what you need to. i refuse to die a pitiful death in this bitch due to being hungry, so y'all can feel how y'all wanna feel, but the unnecessary looks can be cut short." astoria had been keeping on her mind for a while.

surprisingly, everyone, except for braylen, just grabbed their plates and started to eat. astoria was correct, dying there because of starvation would NEVER be a good look.

my'ani had fallen asleep in the middle of the floor, and everybody else almost stayed in the exact same spot past lights out.

astoria, with the big heart she had, couldn't bare to see braylen in the corner of the room, crying and stiff.

she made her way over to her, and popped a squat right next to the girl. braylen lifted her head up with tears filled in her eyes, astoria bringing her into a small embrace.

after letting her go, braylen rested her head onto astoria's shoulder. "can i call you lee?" astoria asked, and braylen nodded.

"well lee, i can tell you come from a very fantasized life, and of course that's not your fault but you are at the age where you can work your own way out of things. you fighting and telling us your parents are going to come get you is just some ole bullshit. at the end of the day, we stranded until we find our ways back. we have powers lee we can get out of here. understand?" astoria told braylen, and she nodded.

"eat tomorrow, it ain't your normal medium rare steak and well cut potatoes but it's edible." astoria chuckled and braylen did aswell.

𝗺𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞...

"so jolea, when did you find out that you had powers?" avona asked curiously. "when i was six." jolea responded, uninterested.

"okay no offense jolea, but why do you always look so drained? like it's really something that you need so so bad?" avona questioned.

jolea looked at her, trying to understand how she knew all that. after realizing, jolea went to answer avona's question.

"well, i actually do drugs." jolea sighed, "so being im this bitch with no c is kind of frustrating." she said.

avona scrunched her face, "c? c as in like.. cocaine?" she asked, a little disgusted. jolea just nodded and turned facing the wall.

"my mother told me my dad did that shit, said he took my sister with him when he did because he felt entitled." avona admitted.

"my father did it too, and that's kind of how i got into it. but now he's done changed. and i'm sorry about your sister." jolea spoke.

"yea. can i tell you about her for a little bit?" avona asked, feeling that sadness forming in her body.

"sure, let it out." jolea agreed.

"well, she left when i was five. we are fraternal twins so we wouldn't know what eachother looked like because we didn't have time. we both were raised in birmingham but we moved when she and my dad left. our birthday is april twenty eighth, and i called her jojo."

now this whole bio caused jolea to think real hard. i have birmingham tattooed on my arm... my birthday is april twenty eighth... jojo...

"oh wow. i'm actually from birmingham originally. and my birthday is also april twenty eighth. coincidence i guess?"

"wow that's actually crazy." avona said, but something started coming too her that she wasn't sure about.

avona started with a series of questions.

"did you ever meet your grandma? and if so what did you call her?"

"umm yeah. i called her mimi.." jolea answered.

mimi from peach street... avona thought.

"are you mixed with anything?"

"ummm my dad's half cuban" jolea replied.

oh girl... avona got back into her thoughts.

avona looked at jolea for a little bit, and it all was starting to make sense.

"okay last question. what's your last name?"
avona asked.

with a skeptical look, jolea answered, "jones?" they both said in unison.

then it clicked for jolea too.

"v-vona?" jolea asked in a shaky tone.

"jojo?" avona asked, her tone confused.

𓃰

𝐟𝗼𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝗼𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝗼 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝗼𝐥𝗼𝐠𝐮𝐞, 𝐬𝐡𝗼𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐫??

𝐭𝐡𝗼𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬 𝗼𝐧 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐛𝗼𝐝𝐲??

𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝗼𝐮𝐭 !!