1.

*third-person pov, 1997*

Alyssa, a 9-year-old child, stared at the book her father gave her as she sat in his old beat-up blue truck. She heard some commotion. She looked up from her book at the house in front of her. She watched as figures moved throughout the house making the light dim and brighten as they moved. Alyssa's father, Jessie, slammed the door of the house and pulled the keys to the truck out of his pocket as he walked toward the car. You could almost see fumes coming out of his ears.

The truck shook as he got into it. Alyssa watched her father silently. Jessie started the car and clenched his jaw. After a moment of driving, Jessie spoke. Alyssa looked up at him. "You see my little wolf... Dad's got a lot on his plate right now. He needs to blow off some steam. We're gonna go home. I'm gonna drop you off. You're gonna go to your room. And go to sleep. No matter what noises you hear outside, okay?" He questioned.

The young girl was in thought for a moment. She nodded. Jessie smiled slightly.

"Good girl," He said putting his hand on her head and rubbing it slightly. The girl looked down at her book thinking about her father's words. 'no matter what' rang through her head like a bell.

----

Alyssa pulled the covers from her bed up to her chin. She swallowed as she waited patiently listening for any noise. She heard a grunt from outside. Then a tiny growl and a roar. Her breathing picked up and she pulled the covers over her head all the way.

She heard things being knocked over and growling continuing. She scrunched up her body and her imagination took the lead. She thought of monsters, dragons, lions, bone-eating vampires. Anything that could be a possible threat.

Suddenly, a thought struck the girl... 'What about Dad?' what if he was out there? What if he was hurt?... no, no. Of course not. He's the one who told her to stay there. But what if...

Before the girl could think it through fully she was up and running through the living room. She turned the corner and grabbed a sharp metal stick from beside the fireplace. She ran over to the living room window and looked out it. She was breathing heavily and you could see her breath on the window.

Her eyes scanned the dark looking for any sign of movement. She leaned forward slightly her forehead pressing against it. Suddenly, out of the corner of her eyes, she saw something. Something was moving from beside the half built truck.

The figure moved and the porch light turned on. The light accentuated fur. The figure was large and had fur covering a majority of what Alyssa could see. As the creature took a step back from truck. A long large paw made an indent in the dirt. The gravel crunched underneath its foot. Alyssa's breath hitched as she stared at the large creature.

A large boom interrupted Alyssa. She turned and her scenery changed. There were teenagers around her. She was in a large white room.

*Alyssa pov, 2005*

I pulled my earphones out and looked around. There was a torch-lit and kids with goggles on. I sighed. Science class. The bell rang and everyone got up. I pushed my seat out from under me and grabbed my backpack. I put my earphone back in and swung the backpack around my shoulder.

I made my way through the doorway and walked through the halls. A breeze went up my neck. I turned and looked to my left. The Cullens were staring at me. I stared back. I got a whiff of burning wood. I gritted my teeth and looked to my right. I stopped at my locker.

I opened my locker and threw my backpack into it. The scent of something else lingered. It was familiar. I looked to my left. Sam was standing in the middle of the hall. He had a sad look on his face and his jaw was clenched.