10.

Alice was holding my hand as we waited for the army. I could tell she was anxious. Her finger tapped against my hand.

"We're gonna be okay," I said quietly.

"I'll have to see it to believe it"

I smiled slightly. Everyone was lined up. Soon enough, they broke through the treeline. Everyone began running at each other.

I turned, the other wolves breaking through the treeline. Alice threw a newborn at me. I jumped and bit its head off. I turned back to human form, punching the head off a newborn.

Esme ran from one. I turned. I transitioned and grabbed it. Emmet ran up to me. I pulled on its legs as Emmet tugged on its shoulders. We ripped it in half. I growled and threw it aside.

Emmet smirked and nodded to me. I transitioned again, grabbing onto a newborn's back. I twisted its head off, throwing it aside. I looked over. Three newborns were on top of Sam. I stared at them.

"Come on, Alyssa," I muttered. I clenched my jaw and stared at them. I felt heat waves coming off of me. The three looked at me. Sam broke free and ripped their heads off.

Sam got up and nodded at me. I nodded back.

----

Alice could see the Volturi coming. I had put my clothes back on and was watching the fire burn.

"How long?" Edward asked coming up from behind us.

"About ten minutes. The pack needs to leave." Alice said.

I looked over. A newborn came out of the bushes. Leah turned and ran at them.

"Leah don't!" Edward shouted running at her.

The newborn got their arms around Leah. Jacob jumped, pushing her out of their arms. They wrestled until the newborn smashed Jacob's ribs.

Jacob turned back to human form. I looked at the newborn. They looked at me. They fell to the ground and curled up. Sam's pack attacked it. I turned back to Jacob. Carlisle was over him.

"We need to get him out of here, we don't want to fight with the Volturi," Edward said.

"We can take him back," Sam said. I nodded at him.

I got back into a line with the Cullens. The pack made their exit quickly. Soon, four figures emerged from the woods.

They took off their hoods. The only one I recognized was Jane. The one that hurt Edward.

"Impressive" She spoke. "I've never seen coven escape an assault of this magnitude intact." She said. She looked at me. "Aro will be pleased with the dog's successful turn."

I glared at her. "We were lucky," Carlisle said.

"I doubt that," Jane said.

"It appears we missed an entertaining fight," The boy from beside her said. I believe he was her brother.

"yes. It's not often we're rendered unnecessary" Jane said.

"You arrive a half-hour ago you would have fulfilled your purpose," Edward said.

"Pity" Jane said making eye contact with Edward. "You missed one," She said looking at the girl behind Carlisle and Esme. I looked at her.

"We offered her an asylum in exchange for her surrender," Carlise said as Jasper walked over to her.

"That wasn't your's to offer" Jane responded. The girl breathed in heavy, she was scared. "Why did you come?" Jane asked loudly. When the girl didn't respond she let out a scream. I winced slightly.