6.

"Jasper's driving Bella south" Alice said putting down her phone. I looked up at her. We were laying in my bed. I was reading a book, and was watching the tv. "The others are leading James and Victoria away from her." Alice said sitting up fully and laying back down on the bed.

"What about Laurent?" I asked looking over at her. She looked at me.

"He came to Carlisle, he doesn't want any part of James' actions" She said. I nodded. I sat up and looked back down at my book. Alice gasped. I look over at her.

"What is it?" I asked.

"The tracker, he's changed course." She said. I turned fully to her.

"where is he going?" I asked. She reached for my book. I reached over to the nightstand and handed her a pencil.

"Mirrors? It's like a room full of mirrors" She said drawing on the page of the book. I turned and looked at it. I grabbed her phone and called Jasper.

"Yeah, she sees something." I said.

"What is it?" He asked. I continued looking at the drawing.

"It's a ballet studio. Bella, didn't you take ballet?" I asked. Bella spoke through the phone.

"Yeah, um. Does the drawing have an arch?" She asked. I skimmed my fingers over it.

"Yeah, " I said. She sighed.

"Thank you, Alyssa" Jasper said. I scratched my head and nodded.

"Yeah, yeah. Of course. Keep an eye on Bella for me." I said. Jasper agreed before hanging up.

I looked at the phone before looking at Alice. She was staring at the drawing.

"What is it?" I asked sitting down on the bed.

"I don't understand why would he be going-"

The phone ringing interrupted her. I looked down. It was Edward. I answered it.

"Hello?" I said.

"Emmet, Carlisle and I are going to Phoenix after Bella. James is headed in that direction." He said. I looked at Alice.

"Do you need any backup?" I questioned. Alice looked up at me. She went to stand up.

"No, no. You stay with Alice. We'll be fine" He said. I pursed my lips.

"Okay, be careful." I said. Edward hung up the phone. I put the phone down and sat back down.

Alice and I sat in silence on the bed. I looked over at her. "You should be my girlfriend" I said. She looked over at me. Her worried expression formed into a soft smile.

"Only if you'll be mine" She said. I smiled.

"Of course" I said. She leaned over to me. She put her arms on my shoulders. She leaned close to my face. She slowly leaned forward kissing me softly and slowly.

I smiled into the kiss. She sighed into my mouth. "I could get used to this" She said. I laughed slightly.

"Same goes for me" I said leaning forward and kissing her. She rested her head on my shoulder after breaking the kiss.

——

Bella was in the hospital. Her mother and father were with her. Along with Edward. They killed James, but he got to Bella before they could. He bit her, almost turned her. Edward stopped the venom before anything could happen.

As for Alice, she had been staying at my place lately. Prom was coming up. I didn't plan on going, until Alice told me we had to. Who am I to decline?

I was waiting for her at the bottom of the Cullen house steps. Rose and Jasper were beside me. They both looked so good. I heard footsteps. I looked up. It was Emmet. He smiled at me as he came down the stairs. I let out a sigh.

"well, well. If it isn't the big dog" Emmet said hitting my shoulder and laughed. I smiled slightly but looked down. Emmet crossed his arms and waited for Alice.

I heard soft, slow footsteps. I looked up. Alice was in a blue dress. It was perfect. Blue was her color. Her hair stuck out at the sides, per usual.

She smiled at me as she walked down the steps. I swallowed. "Don't get so flustered, Black. It's just a dress" Alice said softly. I scoffed.

"It's hard not to get so flustered when you look like that" I whispered. Everyone giggled.

"Make sure to have her home by 4 am" Emmet said turning to me. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"That's a... strange hour" I said walking over to Alice.

"He's kidding" she said looking at Emmet. I raised my hand for her to take. She took it and smiled at me as she stepped down.

"Have fun" Rose teased as I led Alice out of the house. Alice giggled.

"This is going to be so fun" She said. I smiled at her.

"I hope you weren't expecting a limo" I said opening the truck door for her. She giggled.

"Oh nothing except" She said sarcastically as she got into the truck. I shook my head as I smiled and made my way over to the drivers side.

——

"Tell me, what made you stop at that tree line that day?" Alice asked. I looked down at her. There was a slow song playing and we were dancing slowly.

I was silent for a moment. "I was wet and cold. I guess I just didn't feel like running any further." I said quietly. Alice remained silent.

She rested her head on my shoulder. "You have to give me a ride on you're back at least once" She said. I laughed.

She looked up at me as I laughed. "Fine. If you promise to go for a midnight run with me one of these times" I said. She stared up at me.

"Of course. I don't sleep, remember?" She said. I smiled.

"Oh, I know. You don't know how hard it is to sleep with someone staring at you" I said. She flustered slightly. I smiled.