5.

I sighed as I placed a big box on the table. I put my hands in my pockets as I looked around at the cabin. It was decent. The best part was that it wasn't on Quilu or Cullen territory. My own little space. I heard a grunt. I looked over.

Billy entered with a box on his lap as he pushed his wheelchair. I smiled and walked over to him. "You didn't have to help me, you know?" I said. He smiled sadly at me.

"Yeah but if we didn't, who would?" Jacob asked coming in with a bag. I smiled at him.

"I really appreciate this. It means a lot" I said. Billy smiled at me.

"Just promise me you won't get into too much trouble?" Billy asked. I smiled at him. I put my hands up defensively.

"Hey, i wasn't the one talking about how fun parties would be here" I said looking at Jacob. He dropped the bag and went to hit me playfully. I dodged it and laughed. Billy's eyes lingered on me.

"Would you mind going and grabbing the axe outta the truck, Jacob?" Billy asked Jacob nodded and walked out of the front door. Billy looked at me. "If you ever need anything, Alyssa... I'm here, okay? Doesn't matter if you're a part of the pack or not, you're family. You can't help who you imprint on" Billy said. I smiled at him.

"Yeah, yeah, old man. You better get going before Sam finds out you were here" I said walking over to the door. Jacob entered with an axe. He handed it to me. I smiled at him.

"If Sam has a problem with us being here i'll ram him" Billy said moving to ram Jacob with his wheelchair. Jacob laughed and dodged quickly. I smiled.

"Yeah, sure. Have a nice night, Billy. Jacob, make sure to stop by if you ever need any help with school" I said. He nodded.

I smiled and waved at them as I watched their truck exit the driveway. I sighed. I looked around at the cabin. It was spacious. 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 1 kitchen. I walked over to the living room. There was a couch with a large tv hung on a brick wall. There was a fireplace beside the Tv. I looked at the axe I put beside the door. I walked over to it. I should probably get a fire going.

——

I brought up the axe and dropped it down on the wood, splitting it. I raised up the axe again. A scent stopped me. I looked to my right. It was Alice she was standing there worriedly. I sighed. I put the axe down and picked up the wood, I turned and walked into the cabin.

I put the wood down next to the fireplace, Alice watching me. "You run off, don't come to school for three days? Don't call, text, nothing." Alice said. I could tell she was frustrated. I didn't look at her as I walked into my room. "I mean, you could at least look at me, Alyssa" Alice said. I stopped and turned to her. We made eye contact.

"What, Alice? What do you want me to say? That I got kicked out, that I fled?" I questioned. She stared at me. She crossed her arms and shrugged.

"I just... I was worried. I couldn't... see you." She said. I stared at her. I sucked in a breath and sat down on my bed. I rubbed my neck anxiously.

"I'm coming back to school Monday, I just... needed a break." I said. Alice slowly sat down next to me.

"Was i the reason you got kicked out?" She questioned. I whipped my head to look at her.

I put my hands on hers. "Alice, no. No, of course not. It was- It was my own actions. I should have been more careful" I sighed. Alice swallowed.

"Well... Everyone about had their limit of hearing me ramble on, worried about you" She said with a chuckle. I laughed slightly.

"I'm sorry I didn't contact you. I just... needed some time" I said looking at the ground. Alice played with my fingers.

"I understand... Listen, everyone's playing baseball this weekend. They want to know if you'll come. Bella's coming too." Alice said. I looked at her.