8.

I stared up at the ceiling. The bed dipped and Alice laid beside me. "what did you see?" I asked. Alice was silent.

She slowly rolled over and wrapped her arm around my waist. "Nothing too important" Alice whispered. I put my arm on her back.

"If it involves us, it's important, Alice... The Volturi didn't kill me. I would say that's pretty important." I said. Alice sighed. She nuzzled her head into my side.

"Let's worry about it when the time comes, okay?" She said. I let out a light sigh and nodded.

----

"Hey, Carlisle," I said entering the Cullen house. Carlisle looked over at me.

"Alyssa!" He said wiping off his hands. I looked down. He was cutting up some meat. His hands were bloody. "Sorry about the mess, I wasn't aware you were coming for a visit," He said sorrily. I smiled slightly.

"Don't worry about it. I'm more used to it now. And sorry for dropping in like this. I just was hoping if you could answer a few questions I had?" I asked. He smiled at me.

"Of course. What would you like to know, dear?" He asked. I smiled at the nickname.

"Alice briefly told me about your time in the Volturi. I just was wondering if you could tell me exactly what they are?" I said. He sucked in a breath and nodded his head.

"Ah, the Volturi. Don't tell me you're planning an attack" He said jokingly. I laughed slightly.

"no, no. I just... want to expand my vampire knowing" I said. he nodded his head.

"Well then, the Volturi are a perfect place to start." He said leading me into the study. I followed quietly.

"The Volturi started years ago. Before the Egyptians, even." He began leading me over to a painting. "They consist of 5 main members. Aro, Caius, Marcus, Sulpicia, and Athenadora. Their main purpose is meant as the almost royalty of the vampire world. They set the laws and punish those who break them. They aren't meant to be the villains in the story." He said leading me over to another painting.

"They're the opposite infact. They're meant to represent peace and hope. They keep the vampires at bay for the humans." He continued. I nodded. "I stayed with them for a while, tried to show them the reasons why I hunt animals. Of course, it was to no avail. They tried to show me to hunt humans. We eventually parted ways."

"Why do you think they spared me? What could Alice have shown them that would keep them from killing me? A werewolf trespassing, it seems..."

"Unfathomable?" Carlisle asked with a smile. I smiled back and nodded. He sighed. "The only one who would know what Alice could have seen would be Edward. But I doubt he would give up his sister's secrets that easily. Has Alice not told you?" He asked. I swallowed and shook my head.

"Hm. Must be something special then." Carlisle said. I nodded.

"thank you for this, Carlisle. I really do appreciate it." I said bowing my head slightly to him then made my way toward the exit. Carlisle smiled.

"Oh, it's nothing, Alyssa. You're dating my daughter. Whatever you need I'm happy to help you with." he said. I smiled and nodded.

----

"I've decided to throw a party," Alice said as I sat down next to her at the lunch table. I sighed.

"How many times are we going to graduate high school?" I asked with a smile. Edward smiled slightly at me with a glare.

"A party, at your place?" Angela asked. Jessica looked at Alice.

"I've never seen your house," She said.