9.

"We're all aware of Alice's vision and the Volturi's wish for it to come true," Carlisle said as everyone sat down.

"Which one?" Emmet laughed. I rubbed my hands together as I sat on the couch. Alice put a hand on my thigh. I calmed at her touch.

"With this newborn army... Esme and I think it's best Alyssa turns soon." Carlisle said. I looked up at him.

"What if there has to be... certain conditions? Certain bites?" I asked.

"Then we'll do whatever it takes," Carlisle said looking at me sympathetically. I sighed.

"You and Alice are gonna go away for a few days as Alice requested," Carlisle said. I looked over at Alice.

"You can't do it here, the wolves will find out and try to stop it," Edward said. I nodded at him.

"And Bella?" I asked. We made eye contact.

"She'll find out when you come back," He said. I nodded.

"It hurts, worse than anything you could imagine," Carlisle said. I nodded. "Luckily, you'll have Alice there to talk you through it," Carlisle said with a smile. I smiled back.

"Like that's gonna help," Edward said. Everyone glared at him.

"We've got your things packed and your truck ready. There's a blood bag in your suitcase, Alyssa. Be careful." Carlisle said.

I nodded at him before standing up. Alice stood with me. "I'd like to thank you all for the hospitality you've shown. It really means a lot to me" I said looking around. Esme smiled at me and nodded.

I looked at Alice. "Ready?" She asked. I smiled at her and nodded. She smiled back.

She took my hand in hers and we made out way out to my truck. I sighed as I got into the truck. I rubbed the steering wheel.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Alice asked. "We can always run from the Volturi," She said. I smiled.

"They're the most powerful vampires, Alice. I doubt we'd be running for long." I said. "As long as you're by my side, I'm ready for anything," I said. She smiled sadly at me.

----

I sighed as I sat down on the bed. We were in a cabin a few thousand miles out of Forks. Alice came over and sat down on my lap. She put her legs on either side of me and rested her hands on my shoulders.

She leaned in a kissed me. I smiled into the kiss. "Anxious?" I whispered. She smiled and pulled back.

"Worried," She said. I laughed slightly. Alice traced her finger on my cheek. "I wish we had more time," She said. I smiled.

"Don't go all Edward on me, now" I said. She leaned her forehead against mine.

"I just... I like you as you are, Alyssa. It's hard, having to move around every 5 years. Always wanting to drain the blood out of your human friends" She said quietly. I looked at her empathetically.

I pushed a tear off her cheek. "there are those vampire tears again" I said. Her eyes stared into mine. "We have three days... We better do this soon" I said.

Alice sniffed and got off my lap. She lightly pushed me back, laying me down against the bed.

"You have to promise not to turn, no matter how bad it hurts. No matter how much you want to" She said. I nodded to her. She sighed. She took my wrist and kissed it lightly. I smiled at her.

I laid my head back and looked up at the roof. I felt Alice's fangs rub against my wrist. Quickly, a sharp pain entered which was followed by a firey, powerful pain. I groaned.