Reason to Live

There is a cost associated with everything. If you don't give up anything of equal value, you'll never obtain anything.

Does that mean so is my happiness too?

Cale Henituse sat motionless on the freezing ground, his gaze locked on the moon, which shone clearly above the bodies scattered everywhere. In his palms are items that he acquired from the dead bodies that are no longer identifiable.

The hunters have emerged from the shadows after years of fighting, and the demonic race has nearly wiped out the human race. Everything had turned out to be a tragedy because of a miscalculation.

Cale clutched the three gold coins he'd given each of his three children before they went to war. The white spear of his sworn brother was coated with blood, and there was a portion of Choi Han's robe on the floor, as well as other items from his family.

His family was successful in eliminating all of the enemies, but due to a miscalculation, they lost their life. He was protected from the blow by a number of shields, including the bodies of his family.

Shields were shattered in every direction.

His family was, too.

They used their bodies to cover him.

They were victorious in the war... but at what cost?

He is, without a doubt, the world's last human.

Cale Henituse laughed, causing a surge of misery to his already-injured lungs.

He laughed out loud over and over, hoping that one of his family members would wake up and tell him to stop.

'Cale...' whispered the super rock in his thoughts, mournful.

As the sun eventually started to rise, signifying that it was morning, tears flowed down his bloodied face, and his hysterical laughter boomed throughout the barren battlefield.

The sun was supposed to be a sign that he had already achieved the life he desired, but all it means is that his family is no longer at his side to bask in the warmth of the sunlight.

It is possible to go back in time, Cale.

Cale touched the golden bracelet Eruhaben had given him in an attempt to soothe his worries and heard a familiar voice.

The God of Death was pained by the sight of his favorite child looking in a trance at the unending road. He frowned at how dead and blank the other man's stare was, devoid of any soul. The normal glint of mischief in the redhead's eyes was no longer there.