Unwanted Attention

Muffled screams and the sounds of flesh being ripped apart and impaled by an object reverberated around the place, which was painted the same color as his hair.

A menacing bright moon gazed down at the beings below it, resembling the blood that had been shed in the continuing fight.

As bodies dropped to the hard ground one by one, sounds of anguished cries flooded the battlefield.

Bodies and ashes,

Babies, children, citizens of different continents, no one was spared.

'...ale....'

Everyone was dead.

'.....Cale..'

His family,

'.....Cale..'

All gone.

'..Cale...!!'

'Cale, wake up!'

'Snap out of it!!'

"HUMAN IF YOU DON'T WAKE UP I'LL BLOW THIS MANSION UP!!"

Ra...on....?

Dark reddish-brown eyes snapped wide open as Cale jerked up, almost colliding with the person whose face was so close to his own. As a jackhammer started inside his skull, the black-haired man's hands reached up to grasp at his head with a hoarse groan.

I'm fine, I'm fine, I'm fine. It won't happen anymore... I'm.... fine. It's alright... It's alright... the children are with me, they're.. fine... we will be fine.. He took another gulp of oxygen and tried to reassure himself.

He frantically gazed around the room as he tried to look for something on the bed and calmed down when his gaze landed at the familiar deep blue eyes staring at him with concern. He misses how his children would snuggle up to him while sleeping, providing comfort and reassurance that he is not alone. But some bastards just had to take those things away from him.

"It wasn't this terribly painful before," Cale said, wincing and clicking his tongue in disgust at the throbbing ache in his brain.

He took a deep breath slowly, attempting to divert his attention away from the never-ending nightmares that plagued him every time he slept.

"You..."

Cale adjusted his focus towards the individual as a frightened voice jolted him out of his thoughts. He looked at the redhead, who had a worried expression on his face, and he blinked.