Defying Existence

Continuation of Ch. 11

Ciel stood silently watching as each member of the organization was struck by lightning, recalling the painful memories of fighting alongside his family.

The thunderbolts continued for several minutes, annihilating all of the Arm members in their surroundings until none remained. As the last member who yelled at the top of his lungs was completely removed from the face of the world without mercy, only the thunderous noises of rumbles and cracks could be heard.

It went on for a few more minutes until the heavy crimson clouds that had been blanketing the heavens dissipated and the serene scene reappeared. Each thunderbolt faded into the background until they were all gone.

Ciel sighed tiredly as he stared up at the sky.

He turned around as he felt a hand tugging at his cloak, and saw the children staring up at him, their eyes wide with wonder. With a little smile, he returned their stares and patted each of their heads.

Ciel crouched down and smiled tiredly at the kids, "You did a good job surviving such a frightening situation, your brother would undoubtedly be proud of you."

When the wolf children, including his three kids, suddenly embraced him fiercely, he fell down on his bottom with a tiny gasp. He could sense the tremors in their tiny frames, their bodies trembling as they all burst into tears.

With a sigh, he spread his arms wide, allowing the children to calm down a bit and relax in his embrace. Ciel comforted them by whispering softly and massaging their backs. "I assure you. It won't happen again,"

Ciel eventually relaxed and closed his eyes after seeing the nods on the children's faces.

— It doesn't appear that I'll be coughing up any blood any time soon.

But.... but it's strange... you're bleeding from the inside... I can't seem to stop it! I'm just able to slow things down! — the Vitality of the Heart cried out in a panicked tone.

— What exactly do you mean? I wasn't even hurt?

T-The world tree... maybe the world tree knows! — the Vitality of the Heart's voice trembled, causing Ciel to frown.

The children stared at Ciel in bewilderment as he rose from the ground. His anxiety is rising as a result of the crybaby's terrified voice. "Your brother will be here in a few minutes. We'll have to leave now, I'm afraid."

"Sir, do you think we'll get another chance to see you?" Maes took the initiative and spoke up.

"Perhaps," Ciel answered, ruffling the kid's hair as he stared blankly at him. "Tell your brother to go with a man who has black hair like me, he should be with a red-haired woman."

Maes gave an enthusiastic nod. "We will follow your instructions,"