Meetings & Old Friends

"Father, you wish to talk to us?"

"Come in," Zed responded calmly, his gaze concentrated on the stack of documents presented to him by the time traveller.

Alberu seriously nodded and clenched his fist in concern as he motioned for the individuals behind him to enter. His father was not supposed to be aware of his movements at the moment. He has, however, discovered who he was cooperating with.

How did his father find out? Even the two Molan members were called on this meeting, he was certain that he had kept his distance from them in order to keep them from being discovered.

He took a deep breath and raised an eyebrow, observing that the count of the Henituse is seated in front of his father, as if they were just talking about something. The Henituse County is well-known for being politically neutral and unconcerned about royalty. So, what brought him here in the first place?

Alberu also observed the barely perceptible presence of a man concealed in his cloak standing behind the king. Despite the fact that his face is hidden, he can sense the calculating glint in the man's eyes that are concentrated on him. That alone is enough to make him shudder in his presence.

Even with the man's covered physique, the coldness and indifference emanating from his body could not be hidden. He emitted a powerful, domineering aura. The man stood motionless, unconcerned that his party was staring at him with interest.

Come to think of it, wasn't this the same person they saw when he first introduced Choi Han to the king?

Choi Han's grip on the hilt of his sword tightened as he stared hard at the shrouded individual behind the king, who was not even giving him the slightest bit of attention. He's trying his best not to call the man since they are in the presence of a royalty.

He estimated that it would take him weeks to hunt down the man because he suspects that the other man is avoiding him. But just as he was about to give up looking for the man, he appeared in front of him. It's as though fate is constantly messing with him.

Rosalyn observed the man's behavior and nudges him with her elbows, "Is he the one you're looking for?" she asks.

Choi Han responded with a solemn nod.

"Are you sure you agree with the plan?" Zed broke the oppressive silence with an abrupt question, his fingers entwined just beneath his eyes.

Deruth hummed, examining the papers that were scattered on the desk. "As long as my sons wouldn't be in danger."

The other man's statement perplexed the two Molan who stood behind the crown prince. The count's sons? In danger? What kind of scheme are they discussing that has them summoned to the palace?

"Alberu," Zed said to the other blond.

"Yes, father?" He responded fast.

He wouldn't normally be nervous in front of his father. But what's going on at the moment makes him frustrated. The man had never summoned him on the spur of the moment unless it was for a really vital reason.

"Come over here and tell me what you think," Zed said simply, maintaining a neutral demeanor. Ciel was the one who specifically told him to hand the matters in his eldest child's hands, so he would support him naturally.

When motioned to do so, Alberu stepped over to the two men and sat in front of the count. Zed handed him the documents that the man had been reading as he stood there. He noticed his instructor standing alongside him, likely curious about what was going on as well.