Reunion & Pursuers

"97... 98... 99... 100.... 1... 2... Human, I s-swear if you don't wake up I'll destroy everything..."

"You said we will go home together... human, you are a liar..."

"Don't cry nya! I'm sure he will wake up soon..."

Ciel can clearly hear a child muttering in a shaky voice that sounds like the child is about to cry.

Aside from that, his body feels very light, as if he hadn't gone through an insufferable amount of pain before. His throat feels so much clearer without the insane loads of blood coming out of it. Overall, he feels better as if he's gone through a body modification after getting hit by a huge boulder.

Was it because I was healed by the world tree?

That appears to be the case, Cale. You were gone for a while. Do you feel any better now? — the Super Rock asked, concerned.

"This weird handsome man keeps on staring at Ciel nya!"

"Noona, I feel like he can see us..."

I feel much better— weird man...?

Ciel whimpered and tried to open his eyes, only to be dazzled by the sunshine. He promptly closed his eyes and forced them open once, blinking many times to allow them to adjust. It had been a long time since the sun had given him such a sense of satisfaction to look at.

Even the sky looked to be in despair throughout the battle as the sun went into an eternal hiding, finding refuge behind the heavy dark clouds.

"Look nya! The roots are starting to— Ciel!" Hong exclaimed as he saw the guy awaken, then transformed into his cat form and climbed into the man's lap to shake him awake.

On followed her younger brother's lead and used the man's cloak to wipe the remaining blood from his shirt.

"Human! You're finally awake!" Raon launched like a rocket towards the black-haired man, straight into his chest, and squeezed himself closer to give the other man a hug after the roots had finally been cleared.

As he carefully caressed the black dragon's back, Ciel's eyes eventually came into focus. His eyes leisurely glanced around the enchanting environment while he remained motionless in his posture, and when they came to a halt at a certain point, his eyes almost exploded out of his skull.

"It appears that you have awoken."

The sudden voice startled him as Ciel through his sheer willpower, tried not to back away the moment he saw the man's stance. It was domineering and authoritative, he radiated intellectual ability without even trying to.

The person who had spoken to him was a man who appeared to exude elegance and grace wherever he went, with long golden hair that glistened even brighter in the sunlight and a gentle yet suspicious gaze locked on him.

The man's mere presence brought a gentle succor that spread throughout his entire body.

Ciel is not particularly fond of skin-to-skin contact, yet he feels the need to hug the man strongly in order to ensure that he is still alive and well.

The bubbling sensation in his chest arose as he felt his eyes burning slightly. Maybe it's because of the sun's direct brightness that was focused on him that was starting to hurt his eyes, or perhaps it was his emotions that wanted to burst out through tears.

When the man's attention came to a halt just in front of him, Eruhaben grimaced a little, as if the other man was surprised to see him in such a strange light. Being the one who receives the man's stare makes him feel uncomfortable.