Flickering Hope

Cale feels it's ironic that he wants the wind to whisk him away while he was the one who pleaded to bring him back to his family.

He is even more saddened by the gentle breeze. It's odd that the fragrance of the battlefield from their previous battle soothes him more than the wind he's breathing right now.

He didn't seem to mind the strong wind as he sprinted towards where the black dragon is. With the two children following him and occasionally staring at him as if they were wondering about him, his heart doesn't feel like it's bleeding to the point of bursting anytime soon.

Cale relished the sense of security that the small two children provided. It may not be much, but at the very least he's rediscovering his motivation for traveling back in time.

They are not the same people as his previous family.

At the very least, they serve as a reminder that he was given another chance to make a difference.

Cale will desperately cling to the remaining fragments of his family that has been given to him, even if it isn't much.

"Mister, where are we going?" Hong asked beside him.

Cale moved his gaze slowly to the kid, a tired expression on his face. Despite his exhaustion, he made an effort to lift the corners of his lips and smile fondly at his child, "We are going to save a baby dragon."

On could see the sweat building on the other man's face when she stared at him with worry. He appeared to be exceedingly exhausted, far too fatigued for a person of his age. His face appeared to be noble as well; weren't nobles fortunate with enough money to enjoy the finer things in life?

She believes there's more to it than the deaths of their tribe's two children.

She may be a child, but she recognizes when a man simply wants to rest in peace. It's a sight she recognizes from the faces of the elderly, who have lived long enough to have experienced all of life's pleasures.

This man is different in some aspects, he looks like he wants to rest in peace because he can't handle whatever suffering or torment he was feeling.

On wants to give him a big embrace and tell him she understands.

She could sense, though, that the young man is attempting to reach out to them while also attempting to distance himself.

Cale silently let out an anguished laugh. He can feel the child attempting to figure him out in silence since On was far too perceptive for her own good.

Cale whispered softly, "Don't think too much about what I said earlier; just concentrate on yourselves first."

As he approaches the location where the black dragon is held captive, he notices that his body is becoming heavier than it was before.