Saving On & Hong

Cale dashed through the alleys, using all of the shortcuts he knew to get to the two kids as quickly as possible. It was fortunate that he used to explore every nook and cranny of their kingdom for any suspicious spies. They were so determined to put an end to the battle that they searched the entire kingdom for any possible enemies.

He has already sought the assistance of his Wind Elemental in his search for the children.

Cale grimaced as he proceeded on his way, careless about whether he tripped over a pebble or not. He was able to move faster by combining the sound of the wind with the stealth techniques he learnt from Ron.

They taught each other everything they knew, ensuring that if any of them were to become separated, they would have a good chance of surviving.

He ran and ran, oblivious to the fact that his legs were burning and that he had strained himself so hard that he was beginning to feel the consequences of his actions. His appearance may have altered, but the exhaustion he felt after returning from the war not long ago remains the same.

He can cast a teleportation spell to get to them faster, but he has no idea where On and Hong are right now.

Cale can see the beautiful tree where one of his ancient powers used to reside from afar. He inhaled deeply as he accelerated his pace, bouncing from roof to roof to get a better view of the ground.

As he struggled to regain his composure, he rubbed the golden bracelet around his wrist. Choi Han's arrival with his hyung-nim in the palace can only signify one of two things. Choi Han either eventually defeated the dragon who wreaked havoc, or his arrival prompted some events to shift on their own.

It's absurd, but he sincerely hopes it's the latter part.

But he was fully aware that it was not the case.

He hasn't spoken to either of them yet, so he can't make any changes.

Fuck. Has he already made a mistake?

In panic, he grasped his chest and grabbed his other wrist's golden bracelet. Dread gripped him from head to toe, and he felt his entire body turn cold. He closed his eyes and tried not to worry too much, instead, he started filling his mind with good memories of his three children.

Right now, he's all alone.

The world feels empty without a child's voice calling out 'human'.

It's frighteningly cold without the warmth of his children's bodies nearby.

When he looked down, he noticed a silver and red color that he recognized. Cale was saddened and angered when he saw two children coated in mud and laying down in an alley, their clothes ragged.

With the help of the wind, he leaped off a roof safely and landed a few feet away from the children. When he observed their current situation, he wanted to run up and hug them even more. But he didn't want to terrify them, because they didn't know who he was.

They don't even know who he was. Cale feels as though the hole in his chest has grown larger, and he is much more lonely than before.

He feels helpless.

He wants someone to help him get rid of the overflowing sadness inside him for the first time in his life.

His two children were shivering from the cold.

He had assured his children that they would never again have to suffer from the bitter cold. He told them that he would keep them warm forever in his embrace.