Beginnings

Nurmengard Castle, June, 1949

Gellert Grindelwald was standing at the large window in his library, looking out over the Austrian Alps. It had been nearly five long years since he had lost. He lost everything- his followers, his position, his crusade, his pride.

Losing everything though leads to perspective. He never doubted his cause, but leading towards the end he started despising many of his followers.

Their irrational hatred of the Muggleborn had angered him to no end. Many of his followers has committed atrocities in his name that sickened him to his stomach. All magical blood was to be protected. He harboured no hatred towards muggles. They were to be dominated, not extinguished. After all many witches and wizards rose from muggle families.

He sighed. Perhaps what was worse than the shame was the loneliness. He was after all the great Gellert Grindelwald. He was above such emotions. At least he had thought so, but as the years rolled into one another he felt the pull of loneliness on his heart. There were others in the castle, house elves and such, but they fled from his very presence.

He was pulled from his thoughts as he heard someone clear their throat. He turned surprised to see a young woman standing in front of him. What trickery was this. Had his mind finally deserted him along with his sanity?

 Had his mind finally deserted him along with his sanity?

The woman stood there smiling, her head bowed. She was no more than 20 and she was beautiful.

"Are you real woman? Or have I finally abandoned sanity?" Gellert asked with uncertainty.

"No I am very real, My Lord" the young woman replied with a curtsy.

Gellert's face darkened as he scowled:

"I am lord of nothing. I was bested, beaten, ruined. The great House of Grindelwald is destined to end with my defeat".

The woman countered quickly, extending her hand before she stopped herself, remembering her place.

"That is not true My Lord. There are many of us who still believe in you. In secret, known only to my betrothed, I came here to meet you. I found a way through the enchantments under the castle, through the sewers, to offer you a sacrifice, to honour your greatness".

"And what is this sacrifice girl?" Gellert asked, intrigued. The woman smiled:

"My body"

She smiled again at him as she removed her dress and let it drop to the floor. She stood in front of him, fully naked.

"My betrothed and I offer you Prima Nocta, that you may bless our house with your seed and allow the Noble name of Grindelwald to continue through our Ancient House".

Gellert grinned as he took in the woman's form.

"What is your name my dear?"

The young woman smiled as she spoke:

"Walburga. Walburga Black, My Lord"