Quidditch Concerns

It was Saturday morning and time for the first Quidditch match of the year, the traditional season opener of Gryffindor vs Slytherin.

Y/N had been getting progressively more antsy the closer the game got. It had taken a lot of convincing for him to eventually leave Hermione after breakfast, when she had assured him she would be fine. She had all the precautions in place Y/N had provided her, and she would be accompanied to the pitch by Lavender, Ron, Cedric, Beatrice and Maisy. She wouldn't be alone. He reluctantly left with the team.

—~—

Oliver Wood was attempting to give his team address but was struggling- his team couldn't focus as Y/N paced nervously around the tent.

"Y/N can you sit please? I'm sure she's fine, but we need to focus and-"

Wood was cut off by Y/N snapping ferociously:

"I'm more focused on the snitch then I've ever been Wood. I just want to catch the fucking thing and get this stupid game over with!"

Katie glared over at Y/N, spitting venomously:

"Well at least you're consistent!"

To Harry's surprise Y/N had completely ignored her, but for a quick death glare. The Gryffindors heard Lee Jordan's commentary start over the loud speakers:

"Welcome everyone to the opening game of the Hogwarts Quidditch season. We are here to witness the defending champions Gryffindor take on Slytherin.

There has been an incredible amount of bad blood between these two teams, as we are aware, so today should be a ferocious contest.

One enjoyable aspect of Gryffindor games is the prematch ritual of Y/N L/N, playing a muggle rock'n roll song before each match. I wonder what he has in store for us today..."

The stadium was momentarily quiet, waiting with baited breath...

Nothing happened, instead the Gryffindor team flew out to a shocked crowd in almost silence. Y/N streaked passed his teammates, straight towards the Gryffindor stands.

—~—

Hermione watched Y/N stream towards her and desperately look through the crowd, searching for her in despair before he finally made eye contact, palpable relief instantly etched on his face.

Hermione tried to help calm him by smiling, waving and then blowing a kiss to him. As Y/N turned and flew back to his starting position Lavender turned to Hermione:

"He isn't coping is he?"

Hermione's face grew sad as she replied:

"No he's not. He's trying his hardest to convince me he's ok, and I haven't had the heart to tell him I know he's not."

Lavender rubbed her best friend's shoulder in support.

—~—

The game started with the Slytherin team being extremely nervous. Flint and Goyle were terrified of Y/N and Crabb hadn't been quite right since he returned to school, now being prone to fits of staring vacantly at thin air. The team was therefore relieved when Y/N used a different tactic to normal, remaining true to his word to his captain.

Y/N did nothing but fly up high and look for the snitch, wanting to get the game over as quickly as possible. This wasn't good for the Gryffindor team who had got used to Y/N being an enforcer for them the previous season. Fifteen minutes into the game Slytherin were up 90-30. Crabb and Goyle had grown their confidence back with Y/N flying high and seemingly ignoring the action below.