Her Skeleton will lie in the Chamber Forever

Harry and Ron were sat at the Gryffindor table having breakfast. They sat in disbelief at what they were hearing, the twins were laughing hysterically. Lavender though sat with her head down, not really paying attention as Maisy related the tale of the night before.

Maisy had been scared for her safety since Hermione's petrifaction, since Y/N had gone AWOL. She knew a lot of her fellow Slytherins hated her, that they would be dying to make her pay for being a blood traitor. They didn't get a chance though- Professor Snape had taken her under his wing like no other student in Slytherin house. He had been warm to her, protecting her, accompanying her around when she wasn't with Fred, George, Lee or Cedric.

It was the events of the previous evening which had the two boys stunned. Maisy had been in the potions classroom, sorting some ingredient jars with Professor Snape when her sister, Draco and the two nitwits had burst in.

Goyle had been yelling about Y/N being psychotic and Pansy was screeching about Draco's lack of a mouth.

Snape had simply stared at the four second years, looking extremely annoyed, before he summoned Lockhart to his office and insisted that Lockhart remove the curse as he was the Defence against the Dark Arts teacher.

Maisy had watched from next to Professor Snape incredibly amused as for the next three hours Lockhart had pointed his wand at Draco and mumbled incoherently. 

Snape had finally ordered the idiot to leave out of sheer frustration. He removed the curse almost instantly, on the condition that none of the four students told their parents about the curse. He said how worried he was about the embarrassment to the Malfoy line from their heir being humiliated by a blood traitor so badly.

The idiots agreed and Draco actually thanked Snape for protecting his families reputation as he walked out. Maisy said she shook her head in disbelief at their stupidity and had found it incredibly difficult to suppress her giggles when Snape had turned and winked at her.

Maybe Snape wasn't as bad as Harry thought? He was the only one who could get through to Y/N, and he was genuinely protecting Maisy it seemed.

—~—

It was Saturday afternoon. Harry had overheard Snape at lunch say to McGonagall that he and Professor Sprout were spending the next day chopping Mandrakes. That meant the people who were petrified would be cured soon. Hermione and Beatrice would be ok.

Harry ran over and told Cedric who broke down and cried in relief. Harry found himself tearing up as well.

He rushed back to Ron and Lavender with the news. They decided to sneak out to the hospital wing after dinner to tell Y/N. Hopefully, this would help him recover a bit. They hadn't seen him since his attack on Draco but they had seen Snape taking plates of food out of the great hall at meal time. Harry hoped Y/N was eating at least.

They were escorted up to the common room by Percy and the three instantly ran up to the boy's dorm and got Y/N's cloak out. They hid under it and made their way towards the hospital wing.

—~—

The students worked their way along the corridors of Hogwarts, moving as quietly as they could. They arrived at the ground floor and moved forward before stopping dead near the hospital wing.

The trio had ran into a group of teachers in the hallway. They sounded scared. The students stopped and listened in- Snape, McGonagall, Madam Pomfrey, Sprout and Flitwick were all present. McGonagall was speaking:

"As you can see, the Heir of Slytherin has left another message. Our worst fear has been realised. A student has been taken by the monster into the Chamber itself."

Professor McGonagall's voice was breaking.

"The students must be sent home. I'm afraid this is the end of Hogwarts."

At that very moment the moronic DADA teacher sauntered passed the three hidden students, wandering up to his colleagues without a care in the world. He chuckled:

"So sorry. Dozed off. What have I missed?"

Snape sneered back at Lockhart. It was more venomous than anything he had ever directed at Harry:

"A girl has been snatched by the monster Lockhart. Your moment has come at last!"

"M...m....my m...moment?" Lockhart stuttered back in panic.

"Weren't you saying just last night in the staff room you've known where the Chamber was all along?" Snape sneered back at him.

Lockhart's expression said to Harry he may have just bricked in his pants. McGonagall smirked at him:

"That's settled then. We'll leave you to deal with the monster, Gilderoy. Your skills, after all, are legend."

Lockhart composed himself and managed a weak smile and stuttered:

"Very well. Uh, I'll just be in my office getting... getting ready."

He turned and left. Filius, who had been standing next to Lockhart, was holding his nose rather tightly and took a deep breathe after he had left. Madam Pomfrey turned to McGonagall:

"Who is it that the monster's taken, Minerva?"

Tears escaped McGonagall's eyes and tracked down onto her face as she said in a tone of heartbreak:

"Ginny Weasley."

The three students gasped under the invisibility cloak.

—~—

The staff had departed to attend to their students and Harry, Ron and Lavender looked up at the message on the wall. It read, in blood:

Her Skeleton will lie in the chamber forever.

"If Professor Lockhart is going into the Chamber we have to as well" Harry said bravely. "And we need Y/N!"

"But where is the chamber of Secrets Harry? We don't know where to look" Ron asked in a panic. Harry had a moment of sudden realisation:

"Ron, remember what Aragog said about the girl in the bathroom 50 years ago. What if she never left?"

Ron and Lavender gasped in mutual synchronised realisation- Moaning Myrtle. Lavender replied:

"Ok let's get Y/N and then tell Lockhart where to look."

The boys agreed and the trio all ran to the hospital wing as quick as the cloak would allow them to.