Third Year Selections

The next week flew past quickly. Most days were spent in the library, where Y/N would read book after book about his newly discovered abilities, the history of the Global Wizarding War and any scrap of information he could find on Gellert Grindelwald.

Night times were spent together in the Room of Requirement, where many a heated make out session was had.

—~—

Friday morning Y/N and Hermione were sat at breakfast with their friends when Professor McGonagall approached them. She had a big smile on her face as she approached the young couple.

"Mr L/N, Ms. Granger, could the two of you please meet me in my classroom after breakfast, about 9:30?"

The two nodded and smiled as she walked off.

"Wonder what that was about?" Harry asked Y/N. Y/N shrugged nonchalantly.

"Aren't you worried love?" Hermione asked with concerned eyes.

"No babe" Y/N chuckled. "I've been chewed out before by McGonagall, a few times, and that definitely wasn't her 'I'm gonna chew you out face' so don't stress."

He smiled as his girlfriend became more relaxed in front of his eyes. Lavender rolled her eyes with a chuckle.

"Maybe it's because you haven't been sleeping in your bed Y/N?" Ron asked loudly

Y/N shushed him and kicked him hard under the table. Bloody idiot. He had absolutely no filter or concept of an inside voice.

"Wait what?" Lavender asked excitedly. She leant into Hermione and whispered:

"I thought you were sleeping in Y/N's dorm when you weren't in ours love?"

A panicked look grew on Hermione's face. Y/N quickly jumped in.

"We have a special secret place where we go. After everything we just wanted to be alone and together. It's an amazing feeling falling asleep in each other's arms and waking up next to each other."

Hermione smiled brightly and nodded, leaning up into Y/N and kissing him on the lips. Y/N smiled widely, whispered "one more" and after Hermione had giggled and granted his request he turned to look at Ron.

Within a space of a microsecond he had turned from sweet loving Y/N to seriously intimidating and angry Y/N. He growled, looking into Ron's eyes:

"And none of you will mention it. To anyone!"

Ron gulped, Harry nodded. Lavender chuckled and agreed.

The young couple finished their breakfast and walked to McGonagall's office, hand in hand, fingers interlocked, laughing and smiling together as always. Both of them had huge smiles on their faces. Just being with each other, after the stress of the past nine months, felt like some sort of immense relief. Hermione had never seen Y/N smile as much as he had the last week and a half. She felt good inside to be the reason why.

They arrived at the classroom and were asked to sit at the large classroom desk with McGonagall.

"Thank you both for coming. Do you know why you're here?"

Hermione shook her head. Y/N smirked and answered: "For once I've got nothing sneaky going on on the side so I genuinely have no clue why you called me here."

Hermione's eyes went wide as she turned to look at her boyfriend. McGonagall narrowed her eyes before shocking Hermione by chuckling.

"You always make me laugh Y/N. Probably not for the best reasons, but still it's endearing."