Snapped

A/N: Parts of this chapter may not be for the weak of heart (or stomach). Enjoy

Y/N woke up early Thursday morning, smiling as he felt a weight on his chest. He opened his eyes and looked down, smiling even more as he saw a bushy mop of brown hair blocking his vision.

His arms were wrapped round her and as he squeezed he was immediately aware of a severe pain in his right shoulder. He looked down and noticed from his shoulder down to his chest and bicep there was a deep black/purple bruise.

He lifted his right arm from around Hermione, who was fortunately on his left side, and tried to lift it over his head but wasn't able to, he groaned at the exertion causing Hermione to stir. She smiled as she woke, lifting her head and saying sweetly:

"Good morning Y-"

She stopped mid-sentence, a look of horror on her face.

Y/N smiled and braced for impact.

—~—

Hermione was gripping Y/N's hand tightly, trying to guide him down to the hospital wing. He was topless, in only trousers and shoes that Hermione had helped him to put on.

The couple had had a brief argument. Y/N wanted to do his workout as normal. Hermione threatened to ask the Room of Requirement for a shovel to smack him across the head.

Hermione had won as she gently pulled him towards the hospital wing to be checked over by Madam Pomfrey.

—~—

Poppy was still in her dressing gown, it had just ticked over 6:00am and she had not yet had her morning coffee. This all resulted in her bedside manner being less than ideal.

"The first week and you're already in here Y/N. I had hoped this year would be a bit quieter than last year, but I should have known that was impossible given how much like Thomas you are!"

Y/N chuckled before grimacing as Poppy rotated his shoulder.

"Molly and Arthur did say you were close to them and my Dad" Y/N smiled through the pain of his examination.

"Yes I am with your godparents, and I was with your dear father, which means I have it on solid authority to say you are as tunnel visioned and pigheaded as your bloody father ever was, may he Rest In Peace. You've got a lot of bruising and swelling but no breaks which is miraculous considering the size of the solid oak door you barrelled through!"

Hermione was relieved to hear the damage wasn't too serious. Y/N looked at the stern witch in front of him with his customary cocky smirk before asking with a wry chuckle:

"You heard about that then?"

Poppy narrowed her eyes:

"I did. Minerva needed a large sherry after fixing the damage you did around the castle, and I needed one after fixing the people you damaged around the castle. I am relieved you are ok though Ms Granger."

Poppy chuckled before looking at Y/N sadly as he looked down, remembering the cause of his concern the previous evening.

—~—

Y/N had been required to stay in the hospital wing all day, being iced down for his swelling. Hermione stayed with him the entire time, reading and doing assignments at his bedside.

Late that night the pair were heading back to the common room after Y/N had been dismissed from the hospital. It was past curfew and as the pair walked through the deserted and darkened halls they were guided only by the light emitted from Hermione's lumos-induced wand.