0

"See you later, my babies~"

Ryujin crouched down and petted her two kittens, Byullie and Dallie whom purred at the contact, before she proceeded to grab her car keys from the coffee table. Another day of work, and Ryujin can't wait to finish her day productively, so she quickly drove off towards her workplace with a positive mood.

She headed towards Hwang Corporation, her workplace, with a bright and positive mind to start her day.

"Ms.Shin! Have a great time at work today!"

"Thank you Mr.Seong!"

Ryujin smiled widely as soon as the guard greeted her, walking inside and greeting even more people. It has only been a month since Ryujin worked here, yet a lot of people are already drawn into her. Who wouldn't? She was hardworking, smart, kind, and very beautiful. Her friendliness made her famous around the building, and her perseverance astounded everyone. She was a workaholic, so its no wonder why she easily got promoted as the Head of Marketing team.

As soon as she got inside her office, she was greeted by a familiar redhead.

"Ryujinnie~"

"Oh, Chaeryeong-ah, what's with the pout? Did something happened?"

"Nope, I just haven't got my coffe—"

"Here's your coffee, Lee."

"Oh, hello, Somi!"

"Sup, Ryujin-ah, would you like some coffee too?"

"No, thanks, I'm good."

Lee Chaeryeong and Jeon Somi are Ryujin's same-aged friends, and they all are under the same Department. They've been together since college, and they all decided to work at the same company so they can still be with each other. Yep, bestfriend trio.

"By the way, Ryujin-ah, Ms.Jo said that she needs the final report today."

"Today? Oh, I guess I'd have to go home late..."

"We can accompany you here, if you want."

"No need, Chaer, I can manage. I won't take too long here anyways..."

A knock interrupted the three of them from their chitchat. The door opened, and their co-worker's head peeked through, an awkward smile etched on his face.

"Taehyun? What are you doing there?"

"Well, uh, noona... Other workers are gathering near our department office again, and they're all looking for you."

"Oh, okay. I'm gonna head out in a bit, okay? Thank you, now go and grab your breakfast first."

The younger guy nodded before closing the door, and a sigh escaped Chaeryeong and Somi's lips. Then the both of them turned to stare at Ryujin who was busy arranging her stuffs on the desk.

"Seriously, you're still famous even after we graduated."

"I'm not famous, ryeong, those people are my friends."

"Friends my ass— they're your admirers. They only come here whenever you're around to watch you, which is everyday."

Ryujin chuckled at Somi's sarcastic remark, yet made no retorts at them. It was true, almost everyone is smitten for Ryujin. Not that her bestfriends mind because they actually understand why this people were liking her, they knew how likable Ryujin was that even the people who hated and envied her back then ended up liking her. They're just worried for Ryujin because she was too kind, and they didn't want anyone to take advantage of that.

"A'ight, I'm gonna head out first. You two, go back to your desks and send me the latest reports of sales, okay?"

"Yes, Ms.Shin!"

Ryujin checked her wristwatch and saw that it was already 10:00 PM, 3 hours past her usual dismissal time. She just finished the final report that the Secretary asked for, and now she's about to head home. After checking if everything was on the right place, she got out of her office and headed towards the elevator.

She was so startled to see another person inside who was also heading down, thinking that it was only her and the guards left inside the building. However, she quickly regained her senses.

"Hello!"

Ryujin beamed as she stepped inside the moving box before pressing the button for the basement, finding out that the stranger was also heading there. She smiled cheekily at the fact and turned to look at the stranger whose face was slightly covered by her cap. She was taller than Ryujin too.

"Oh, you're going to the basement too. Heading home?"

"Um... Yeah..."

"I guess you were also doing something important to have an overtime too. Ah, by the way, I'm Shin Ryujin from the Marketing department."

"I-I'm Lucy... from the Designing Team."

"Nice to meet you, Lucy!"

They shook hands and smiled at each other, slightly holding their stares, until the bell dinged. They both headed out, and noticed that they were parting ways. Their cars were parked away from each other. Ryujin pouted, nonetheless, she greeted a proper goodbye to her newfound friend.

"I hope to see you around more, Lucy! Bye, and drive safely!"

Ryujin waved at her with the same cheeky smile before walking towards her car, not noticing that the other girl was staring at her. Lucy can't help but to smile at how cute the girl was, surprised at the fact that there was that kind of worker here in the company.

Unbeknownst to her, she was already struck by Ryujin's powerful charm.

"I do hope to see you more, Shin Ryujin..."

A/N: 👀 This is just a sneak peak!

I'm gonna start updating this as soon as I finish the 1st book of this series— I just couldn't wait to share my excitement for this book! Please stay tuned ♡♡♡