6

"Nice to meet you again, CEO Hwang of Hwang Corporation."

"Likewise, CEO Choi of Choi Industries."

Right in front of Ryujin was the newly appointed CEO of Choi Industries- the young and successful businesswoman, Choi Jisu, whom she also knew as another powerful woman in the field she's working at. Even though Ryujin wanted to admire the place, she couldn't because of one reason- the room was filled with such heavy tension that it almost feels like moving an inch can catch everyone's attention.

Ryujin wondered if the two were really close friends because by the looks of it, they were acting like enemies.

... or not.

"Geez c'mere Yeji! I missed your dragon looking face!"

"You goddamn sloth..."

Ryujin watched in awe as two powerful figures in the business industry goofed around, as if they were young kids. It seemed so surreal.

"So how's it goin- oh, wow, hi there! Excuse my rudeness, I think I forgot to introduce myself... I'm Choi Jisu, CEO of Choi Industries, and you are?.."

"Nice to meet you, Ms. Choi, I'm Shin Ryujin, Ms. Hwang's secretary."

"Can we change that?"

"Uh, pardon?"

"I mean, you could be my secretary-"

"Lia-yah, stop pestering MY secretary!"

Yeji made sure to put emphasis on "my", glaring at her best friend who had a smirk on her face. Ryujin still stood there, dumbfounded at what was happening. Lia dramatically sighed and raised her hands as if she was being arrested, slowly retreating back to her seat.

"Geez, still territorial as ever, Hwang."

"And I see that you're still a big flirt, Choi."

"Hey, its not my fault that my eyes appreciates beautiful people."

"Let's just get to business."

With that being said, the two instantly put on their business mode on. Yeji sat down, while Ryujin stood behind her seat with all the paperworks in her hands. Yeji looked behind and signalled her to sit beside her, and Ryujin had no choice but to follow or she'd receive a strong glare from those intense eyes.

"Ms. Hwang, I've checked your company's records, and I'm not surprised- Hwang Corporation is still leading the game among other groups of businesses."

"I could say the same towards you and your company, Ms. Choi. Well, Ms. Shin, papers please."

Ryujin handed them the folders that contained a new contract which the CEO's have to sign if they wish to renew their partnership. Both Yeji and Jisu immersed themselves on reading the contract, a serious atmosphere engulfing the whole room.

"Business-wise, I'd like to extend my partnership with you."

"Then shall we sign the contract?"

"I have one condition, as it seems to me that this contract was made to favor you."

"The contract is not biased, Ms. Choi, but go ahead. What do you want?"

Lia smirked as she placed the contract down, and Yeji instantly knew that the girl had a bizarre thought on her mind. What infuriated her more was when Lia sent a flirtatious smile and wink towards Ryujin, which made the secretary blush and look down.

By now, Yeji had her hands curled into a fist as she controlled her fuming anger.

"I'd like Ms. Shin to come work with me."

"No."

Yeji stood up and slammed her fist on the table, but Lia remained still, as if she was already used to her friend's behaviour. Ryujin, however, was so startled as she too stood up to calm her boss down. She was still confused about Lia's request, yet she shrugged it off for now.

"Why so, Ms.Hwang?"

"Stop joking around, Choi. I thought I made it clear to put a line between business and your personal needs, turns out you still haven't learned."

"This isn't something personal, Yeji. I need a new secretary and so far, none of my candidates seemed worthy."

"And why does it concern me or my secretary?"

"Because, I think she's worthy. Besides, I heard plenty of big-time applicants are lining up to be your secretary— I must admit, you've got better connections than I do, Hwang."

"Its still a NO."

"U-Um, excuse me?"

Both of the CEO's ended their glaring contest as they turned to look at Ryujin, their eyes instantly softening as soon as they saw the innocent yet confused look on her face. Ryujin cleared her throat, preparing to share her side to try and stop the burning fire of their argument.

"Since the two of you are talking about me, can I have a say in this matter?"

"... go ahead, Ms. Shin"

"I know that this isn't my decision to make, but I would like to decline your offer Ms. Choi. I am glad that you want me to work in your company, but I am already committed to Hwang Corporation. I hope you understand, Ms.Choi..."

Ryujin bowed ninety degrees to show her full respect despite the rejection she made. Yeji instantly walked towards her and helped her stand up properly, and Ryujin looked up to meet Yeji's concerned look. Yeji gave her a small smile and patted her head, and it was enough to ease Ryujin's tensed nerves.

"Its alright, Ms.Shin... I am at fault here, I should've asked for your opinion first."

"Ah, n-no, its fine Ms. Choi—"

"See, this is what happens when you flirt at the wrong time, Lia."

"Alright, alright, you win this time, Yeji. Fine then, I will sign the contract."

"That's go—"

"But I still have one condition because the first one got turned down."

"What? I swear, Lia, if you don't stop with your games..."

"Calm down, Hwang, I promise it won't be a reckless request this time."

Yeji guided Ryujin back so they can sit beside each other, with Lia eyeing their actions. Yeji sighed biy figured she really can't do anything to stop her chaotic bestfriend.

"Fine. State your request."

"Can I have your number, Ryujin?"

A/N: yep, I finally updated this one 😅