2

"Arghhh..."

Ryujin groaned as soon as she fluttered her eyes open, her mind busy processing and scanning her surroundings. She sat up straight, rubbed her eyes, and blinked a couple of times as she stared at nothingness. She didn't even knew where she was or what happened.

"I'm glad you're up now, Ms.Shin"

"Who— holy cheesestick!"

Ryujin instantly stood up as soon as she realized what happened, her eyes widened as she stared at the CEO who was calmly sitting on the chair near the sofa she was laying at earlier. Yeji raised an eyebrow at her outburst, making her look even more intimidating. Intense feline eyes clashes with the Innocent round eyes. Ryujin was the first to break the staring contest as she bowed her head down, too embarrassed to maintain the unofficial staring contest with the gorgeous CEO.

"M-Miss Hwang..."

"Sit down, and please don't faint again."

"I-I'm sorry..."

"Its fine... So, are you feeling alright now?"

"Y-Yes, Ms.Hwang..."

"Good, because I still have something important to say."

Yeji tried so hard to stop herself from smiling as she stared at how cute the shy girl was, still staring at her like she was the most wholesome thing in the world. On the other hand, Ryujin dared not to look at Yeji and decided that her hands were much more interesting to stare at. She can't believe she just fainted in front of the CEO. The "Hwang Yeji" who is very famous and known as the youngest billionaire— and she didn't even recognized her yesterday, thinking that she was just a mere co-worker.

She was pulled out from her thoughts when Yeji spoke again.

"I'm promoting you."

"W-What?"

"You're gonna be my new secretary."

Yeji's blunt and straightforward answer created a haywire in Ryujin's brain.

"I don't mean for this to come out as a refusal, but why so sudden, Ms.Hwang?"

Ryujin finally got her shits altogether as she stared back at Yeji's intense eyes, still confused and surprised at the current situation she was in. All her emotions were swarming inside her head, and she didn't knew what she should think about first. But Yeji was prepared for this question, of course, she was. She planned this really well, and things were going just how she likes it.

"Ms.Jo is retiring, she's getting married and wants to settle with her wife. That's why I need a new secretary, and she recommended you."

"Ms.Jo recommended me?"

"Yes, she said you were an outstanding worker despite the short time you've been working here. She thinks that your work nature is commendable."

A little white lie.

Yuri never said those directly to her, but she did said that Ryujin was one of the best workers in the company despite being new. However, it was Yeji who chose her to be her new secretary. Yuri was surprised when Yeji told her that she finally chose a replacement for her, and was even more surprised when she said it was Shin Ryujin, the famous Head of the Management Department.

"I... Wow... I mean, I'm very thankful for the promotion, Ms.Hwang..."

"Can I expect good results from you, Ms.Shin? Could you meet my expectations?"