5

"We've arrived, Ms. Hwang"

Yeji nodded as an acknowledgement and got out of the car as her personal bodyguard held it open. Ryujin also got out of the passenger's seat and instantly walked beside her, glancing at the tall infrastructure that they were about to enter. Surely, it was a huge building. They were then lead inside a large meeting room on the 25th floor, waiting for the others to arrive.

Choi Industries, the long-established business partner of the company where Ryujin works, Hwang Corporation.

"Ms.Hwang, I received an email yesterday that stated the important topics for the meeting. Today, you will decide whether or not to renew your partnership contract with the Choi Industries."

"Hm, did you sent me their records of sales for the past few years?"

"Yes, Ms.Hwang, haven't you checked it yet? I sent it a week ago."

"Nope, I forgot."

Ryujin fought the urge to facepalm, and only settled on sighing as she saw her boss shrugging her shoulders casually.

Ever since that talk earlier, the CEO seemed to be less uptight and formal around her. Ryujin was glad, but it was still a change that her mind couldn't fully grasp yet. She's never been casual with someone who's way higher than her, and she learned that it was the best way. At least, until now.

"Summarize the data for me."

"Their stocks have been steadily rising, they have good reviews from stockholders and investors, and there are no issues in their business."

"Hm, well, should I renew the contract then?"

"Pardon?"

"Should I renew the contract with them?"

Ryujin stared at her wide-eyed, seemingly astounded at her question. Yeji only looked at her with the infamous intimidating stare, waiting for her answer with her arms crossed on her chest as she leaned on the chair comfortably.

"Uhm, my answer does not affect that matter, Ms. Hwang."

"It does, if I choose to."

"But why would you ask me that?"

"I asked first, Ryujin. You can't answer a question with another question."

Yeji raised her eyebrow at her, looking amused at the confusion painted on Ryujin's face. She knew that her secretary was still not used to her casual antics but, oh well, she loves to see Ryujin's flustered reactions. She thinks it's hilarious and cute at the same time, but she'd never admit that to anyone.

"Fine then, Ms.Hwang, if you insist to hear my opinion... You should renew the contract."

"Why so, Ms. Shin?"

"I've read about the long-established partnership and history between the two companies, and I don't see any reason why you should break ties with them now. Unless, if you have a personal issue and would like to apply it on your business, which isn't a nice move."

"Hm, let's say, I really do have personal issues with the other CEO. Why wouldn't it be an enough reason to end my ties with that company?"

"If you do that, its not about business anymore, wouldn't it? Its just about you, not the company or the workers— just you."

Yeji smirked and nodded her head in understanding, clearly amused at her secretary's answer. Ryujin definitely knew a lot about the field she's working at, and Yeji feels proud for some unknown reasons.

The elevator finally stopped, and now they're escorted towards the office of the CEO. Ryujin took a quick scan at her surroundings, mentally taking note of how the place is quite different from Hwang Corporation. The ambiance of this place was much warmer, yet there was something that still made the place intimidating— its elegance and class radiated from each corners.

Suddenly, Yeji broke the calm silence that engulfed them.

"Actually, the CEO is a friend of mine."

"Huh? Chairman Choi?"

"No, I meant the newly appointed CEO. Chairman Choi already stepped down from his position."

"Oh, I didn't knew that..."

"It only happened yesterday, and they chose to keep it away from the media for now. I'm quite sure it'll be the headline on articles next week."

Yeji shrugged nonchalantly as they continued to trudge through the quiet hallways. Her answer sparked up Ryujin's confusion, which didn't go unnoticed by her. Yeji gave her a quick glance, her perfectly sculpted eyebrow was furrowed as she did so.

"Then why did you asked me that earlier, Ms. Hwang?"

"Hm?"

"Why did you asked for my opinion about the partnership, if the CEO is a close friend?"

Oh, what a spot on question.

Yeji smirked as she stared at the huge doors that was slowly coming into view, her feline eyes looking like it could drill holes from how intense it was. She spoke, yet her voice sounded firmer than her normal tone, emitting a gulp from Ryujin.

"Because... any moment from now..."

Yeji slowed down her pace, before completely stopping on her tracks as she fixed her necktie. Ryujin followed her suite yet gave her a confused look, only for it to get wiped off with a flustered expression as Yeji leaned down a bit closer to her so their eye level are the same.

Yeji's smirk widened.

"... that woman will try to get her hands on something that is not hers."

A/N:

School = Hell 🥲

Btw, I missed y'all 🤗💚 I'm so sorry for the slow updates...