1

"Ryujin-ah!"

"Somi— woah, what's with the frantic look on your faces? What happened?"

It was another day at work, break time actually, yet Ryujin was startled as soon as she looked up from reading the papers on her table. Her bestfriends were staring at her with a funny look and if it weren't for the serious atmosphere, Ryujin would've laughed at them.

Not until Chaeryeong dropped the bomb that shook Ryujin's whole being.

"The CEO wants to meet you."

"W-What?"

"Ms.Jo called earlier and said that your presence was needed at the CEO'S office, like, right now."

Ryujin didn't replied. She just stood up and quickly fixed herself, her hands busy as she stared at her table mindlessly. The room was eerily quiet, and the two knew that Ryujin was nervous despite the calm exterior she tried to exude. Her shaking hands gave her away.

"Hey, Ryujinnie, relax... Its probably not about a bad thing..."

"But... Why would I suddenly be called? What did I do? Yesterday, Ms.Jo told me that the final report was great after I sent her the email. I haven't done anything wrong, rig—"

"Shin Ryujin, calm down. You're panicking again. Breathe, honey, just breathe..."

Ryujin slowly breathed in and then released a sigh, her hands held tightly by her bestfriends. She finally calmed down, and she instantly hugged them. She could've fainted if her bestfriends weren't there for her. Somi and Chaeryeong smiled at this, also relieved that Ryujin was fine.

"You good now?"

"Yeah... Thanks, I needed that..."

"Okay, now go. Don't panic, okay? Call us immediately if something happens."

"I will... See you later!"

The trip towards the last floor of the building was nerve-wracking, to say the least. Ryujin's hands were getting sweaty as she passed by each floors, and she almost panicked again, but she successfully avoided it by thinking about positive thoughts.

"Calm down, Shin Ryujin. Calm the fuck down..."

She was, indeed, not on the right attitude today. She rarely curses and if she did, it was either she was too mad or too stressed. For today, it was the latter.

Finally, the elevator indicated that she has reached her destination. As soon as she stepped out, she was greeted by the large hallways and an elegant huge door at the end— the CEO'S office.

"Ms.Shin Ryujin?"

"O-Oh... Yes, that's me, Ms.Jo..."

"Nice to meet you. Shall we head inside now?"

"S-Sure..."

Ryujin smiled at the pretty lady, Jo Yuri, the Secretary of the CEO and has been working here for 5 years. Ryujin followed her suite as they walked towards the huge doors, only stopping when they were inches away from it.

"Hey, are you nervous, kiddo?"

"Huh?... Oh, y-yes... A bit?"

"Don't be, you're not here for a bad news."

"Oh..."

Ryujin felt her nerves calmed down as soon as she heard that, and all the negative thoughts that swarmed in her head like a computer virus has vanished. She wanted to squeal at how happy she was that she didn't do anything wrong, but she held her posture and smiled kindly at the girl in front of her.