9. The Chase

9. The Chase

Niko
"Kaitlyn, it's time to get up. We're here." She grumbled in her sleep but made no move. I smiled and lifted her in my arms. She snuggled close and went right back to sleep. I had this stupid grin on my face the entire time I had her in my arms. At least she wasn't fighting me off anymore. That had to mean something.

"Are you that happy?" She said.

"You weren't sleeping?"

"That's kind of hard to do with all the jostling around. Put me down." I did. "Wow. You're like a well trained puppy." I flung my head back and laughed. "Why are you laughing? It's not a good thing." I only chuckled some more. "I fail to see what's so funny."

"That's because you have no sense of humour." She scoffed. I only smiled.

"What game are you playing?"

"What do you mean?"

"You're being nice."

"I'm always nice."

"No, you're an over confident stalker who likes to bully people into doing what he wants. Nice you are not." I grabbed her hair and pulled her towards me. She gazed up at me defiantly.

"If I wasn't in such a good mood I'd be offended by that statement." I gave a sharp tug and her head flopped back.

"There's the asshole I know." I let her go and opened the passenger door for her.

"Get in."

"Why don't you have a driver?" She frowned.

"I like driving when I'm home."

"You should use one. It's safer."

"Are you giving me orders now?"

"It's just a friendly suggestion. I wouldn't want anything happening to the father of my child before he even gets to know him."

"I'm touched by your oh so obvious concern for my well being," I said sarcastically.

"You should be," she said before getting into the passenger side of the car. We said nothing more to each other on the hour long journey home.

Since we arrived so late everyone had already gone to bed and the security that travelled with us disappeared once they realized we were safe. I didn't blame them.

"I'm going to check on Talon then retire to my room." I smirked. "What's with that look?"

"What look?"

"You smirked just now. What was it about?"

"Did I? I wasn't aware." She stared at me for a long while before deciding to let it go. "He should be in my room."

"What? Why the hell is he in your room?"

"He likes it and every time we try to get him to sleep elsewhere he cries and throws things."

"You're joking right? You're letting a child tell you what to do. I swear he's become so unruly since he left Turkey."

"He's a child, a boy child. They're supposed to be unruly."

"Oh? Were you like this?"

"I don't remember."

"Uhuh."

"Besides, this isn't about me. Talon likes my room therefore he sleeps with me."

"I see." She stormed off obviously too pissed to curse at me. I enjoyed pissing her off. I'm going to drive her crazy until she either stabs me or screws my brain out. I'm hoping for the latter.