Chapter 10

Later that night Azzy walked back to the DADA classroom. She was shocked when she saw Harry standing outside the door waiting to be let in.
" Harry? What are you doing here?" Azzy asked.
" I-um I have detention with Umbridge. What are you doing here?" Harry asked.
" Detention with Umbridge." Azzy told him.
" I didn't know you could get detention, aren't you like thirty?" Harry teased.
" Hey, did you grow since I saw you? Oh-nope still the size of a second year." Azzy teased right back.

" Ouch auntie, that was cold." Harry said.
" Yeah well you may have both Lily and James's DNA but I was raised by them. I'm just sorry you didn't get to." Her tone turning genuine.
" Me too. But hey who can say they served detention with there aunt." Harry chuckled.
" Truly an uncommon experience." Azzy smiled.
The door opened and the two looked at each other.

" Come on Potter, let's get this over with." Azzy threw her arm around his shoulders and walked them inside.
" Ah, Miss Evans, Mister Potter. Please have seat. Now you will be doing some lines for me this evening. For Mister Potter I'd like you to write, I must not tell lies. And for Miss Evans I would like you to write I must not be prideful."

Azzy couldn't help but snicker a little to herself. Yeah, like writing lines would help that. Harry reached into his bag to grab him and Azzy a quill. Cause did you really think Azalea brought any supplies for detention.
" Oh no you'll be using two of my special quills." She told them as she sat her black quills on their desk.
" You haven't given us any ink." Harry told her.
" You won't need any." Umbridge answered simply.

Azzy finally really looked at the quill. It looked so familiar, yet she couldn't place it. They started writing and Azzy felt a slight sting in her left hand. She looked over and saw I must not be prideful engraved in the middle of her hand.
" Motherfucker." Azzy mumbled.
" Is something wrong Miss Evans?" Umbridge asked.
She opened her mouth to reply but Harry stopped her.
" Nothing." He answered for her.

Umbridge smiled and looked the other way again.

                                      £££

After detention Azzy and Harry walked out and towards the Gryffindor common room. Azalea took a left turn.
" Az? Where are you going?" Harry asked.
" To Minnie's office." Azalea told him.
" Why?" Harry asked.
Azzy just raised her left hand with the engraved words on it.
" No Azzy. Don't go to McGonagal." Harry rushed to her.
" Why not?" Azzy asked.

" Because that's what Umbridge wants. We can't give in." Harry told her.
" This isn't right Harry. The use of those quills are illegal. Trust me, I used to bust people that still used those quills all the time." Azzy explained to him.
" Azzy, please. I'm asking as your nephew, the son of your sister and best friend, please don't tell McGonagall." Harry pleaded.
" I-but-Minnie-ugg fine! Alright! Damn you Potters." Azzy huffed.

Harry smiled and pulled her the rest of the way to the common room.

¥¥¥

                                 Hogwarts
                                      1972
                   Sometime between 4-5 pm

The Marauders and little first year Azalea Evans sat in detention, the second week of school. The second year boys had already started growing pretty comfortable with being in detention. But the poor Evans girl was silently freaking out inside.

" Oi you alright Evans?" James asked.
" Fine." She squeaked.
" She's nervous for her first detention." Sirius said.
" No I'm not." Azzy lied.
" Don't worry, I was worried for my first time too." Peter told her.
" I'm not worried." Azzy protested.

" Miss Evans! Please be quiet, you only have a few minutes left of detention." McGonagall scolded her.
Azzy ducked her head down quickly.
" Definitely nervous." Remus nodded.
" You know what, you are all dismissed." McGonagall sighed knowing that would just be easier.

They all gathered their things and left.
" We're all very proud of you Azalea. You handled your first detention with Minnie like a champ." James slung his arm around her.
" Thanks James." Azzy smiled.
" Yeah good job, but just wait till you get detention with Sluggy." Sirius joked.
" Or Flich." Remus joined in.
" Binns has to be the worse it's so boring." Peter told her.

" Wait so does this mean-" Azzy started.
" Your prank was amazing. Filling all the Slytherin shower heads with pink dye was amazing. Worth the detention. So as leader-"
James said.
" I don't know if your the leader." Sirius interrupted.
" As the leader, I proudly initiate you into the Marauders." James said.
Azzy smiled bigger than ever.
" Thanks guys!" Azzy hugged them.

" Azalea Rena Evans! What's this I hear of having detention? With them non the less!" Lily stomped towards them.
Marlene, Docras, Mary and Alice behind her.
" Lils clam down I was just having fun with my friends we didn't mean any harm-" Azzy started.
" I bet this is your doing isn't it Potter. Of course it is. You and your trouble friends need to stay away from my little sister." Lily looked at James.

" Lily I didn't-" James tried.
" No, no more James. Just leave me and my sister alone. I don't want to be around a toe rag like you!" Lily grabbed her sisters hand and dragged her off.
" Tough break Potter." Marlene said before her and the other girls followed after them.