chapter six | a little taste

06 // Chapter Six

A Little Taste

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

        School was passing by quicker than Clara imagined. Last night, after Derek took Clara home, him and Scott got into a fight which was bond to happen at some point. Derek explained to him about the alpha and how he needs to kill him. They formed some kind of untruthful alliance.

        Clara, Allison, and Lydia were walking up the stairs when Lydia mentioned Scott, "Scott's coming over? Tonight?"

        "We're just studying." Allison shrugged innocently.

        Clara scoffed, "Studying never ends in just study."

        "It's like - getting into a hot tub - somebody eventually cops a feel." Lydia added on.

        "Well, so what are you saying?" Allison asked, still confused at what Lydia and Clara.

        "I'm just saying, you know, make sure he covers up." Lydia then laughed, "Hello, snow white! Do it with him with a condom."

        "After one date?" Allison exclaimed.

        "Don't be a totally prude. Give him a little taste." Clara smirked.

        "Like you giving a little taste to your secretive boyfriend." Allison fired back, chuckling.

        Clara rolled her eyes, "How many times do I have to tell you? I do not have a secretive boyfriend. I just had to go to the gas station to pick up some things for a friend."

        Although neither Allison or Lydia believed her, they nodded, "Whatever you say."

        Then the bell rung, ending the day, and everyone began to leave. As the three walked up the stairs, Clara stopped and mentally face-palmed herself, "Crap, I forgot my bag. I'll see you guys later."

        The hallway was almost empty, at this point, but once Clara turned the corner, she saw Derek Hale, sickly and pale, leaning against the row of lockers. Her eyes widened in shock before rushing over to him, standing rather close to him.

        "What happened to you?" She asked in a hush whisper.

        Harsh breaths left his mouth as he panted, "I-I was shot."

        "Shit, by who?"

        "An-an Argent." He said breathless, "G-Get me to Scott."

        Clara nodded before grabbing his arm and wrapping it around her neck. Slowly and gradually, Clara led Derek outside. Her eyes glanced around until she spotted a familiar blue jeep. The two stopped walking until they were in front of Stiles's jeep causing him to stop abruptly.

        "Holy God." She heard Stiles mutter, 'This guy is everywhere."

        Suddenly, Clara felt Derek's grip on her lessen and soon enough, Derek fell to the ground. Clara keeled down, trying to help him up but he was too heavy. Scott, who has been witnessing the whole scene play out in front of him, he rushed over to them.

        "What are you doing here?" Scott asked, dropping to the ground as Stiles stood off to the side.

        "I was shot." He panted.

        "He's not looking so good, dude." Stiles pointed out warily.

        Clara looked over at Derek, "Why aren't you healing?"