chapter eighteen | howls at night

18 // Chapter Eighteen

Howls at Night

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

They ran, they ran like hell. Scott was in the lead, being blinded by all of his emotions consuming him. Clara had a hard time following him in a fast speed since she was barefooted and keep trying over her stupid long dress. Eventually, Scott tumbled down to the ground, his nails digging into the ground while his chest heaved up and down. He then let out a yell, tears rushing down his face. Clara watched from behind as he hit the ground in anger and continued to cry.

"Scott." Clara called out until scrambled over and being next to him, on his knees. She placed a hand on his back, trying to sooth him as her wide eyes watched over him, "Calm done. Everything will be okay."

"She knows." He cried, his voice weak, "She knows! We'll never be together now!"

For a moment, Scott cried and Clara was silent, unknowing how to help him or reassure him that everything will be alright since she didn't even know if everything would be okay, "Scott, listen to me. Everything between you and Allison will be okay. I promise you that. But right now we need to focus at the problem at hand."

Slowly, he lifted his head up with puffy eyes and his cheeks wet from the unstoppable tears. But a certain gleam of determination found its way into his eyes and Clara knew Scott would do anything to be with Allison and to protect her.

Even if that meant killing the Alpha.

"So how exactly are we going to do this?"

"Just shut up and follow."

Clara lead Scott deep into the Beacon Hills preserve just as the moon was at its highest peak. After Clara was able to calm Scott down and bring him to the safest place, the clinic, the two devoured a plan. The thing about wolves was that they howl in order to find one another, to find the other werewolves' location. An Alpha does it to signal the pack. Clara knew this and also knew that without Derek they would never defeat Peter.

So the two werewolves got themselves cleaned up in new clothes and went into the preserve. At this point, Clara was done screwing around. Peter freakin' Hale has messed with them long enough and she was done with it; now she was in ruthless mode. But when she's in ruthless mode, she tends to act reckless which is never good.

Clara finally got out of that dress and uncomfortable shoes, changing into dark blue jeans, a white tank top and black leather jacket. Finally, the two teenagers arrived at the edge of the Beacon Hills preserve, the same spot where Derek took her the day after the whole video store incident.

She pointed at a rock that lead upwards on the cliff, "Stand over there and howl, howl like never before."

"And you sure this will lead us to Derek?" Scott questioned her, raising an eyebrow.

"If he hears it, then he'll howl back and we'll be able to locate him." Clara looked back at him, feeling slightly proud of herself for thinking the plan up, "Now howl like never before, be the wolf."

Scott nodded, all of his courage gaining inside of him. He crawled up the rock until the very peak and howled, howled so loud that every werewolf in the two could possibly hear it. After he was done howling, he jumped off of the rock and the two backed away, waiting to hear a sound.

But after moments of silent, they realized their plan didn't work. "I didn't work." Clara mumbled to herself before sighing in disappointment and began to walk away.

Both her and Scott froze once a distance yet hollowed howl was heard, the two werewolves able to pin Derek's exact location which wasn't to far from where they were now.