chapter fifteen | the huntress and the wolf

15 // Chapter Filth-teen

The Huntress and the Wolf

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Clara and Allison walked side-by-side through the forest while Lydia was following behind, obviously not used to walking in the woods with heels. She found it stupid that Lydia would consider wearing heels when they were going into the woods. But then again, Allison hadn't exactly gave them a heads-up.

"Allison - When you said you needed to stop for an errand before we went shopping - a five - mile hike in the woods was not what I was expecting." Lydia exhaled, already losing her even breathing pattern considering they've been walking for a while. Not that Clara minded the creepy walks or the long time consuming running but considering she was hanging out with an Argent who had something large in a duffel bag was not really giving her optimism.

Allison ignored her comment, "Before I forget, I wanted to ask if you're okay with something." Then a mischievous and almost satisfied smirk grew on her lips which made Clara even more suspicious of the huntress's motives, "Jackson asked me to the winter formal."

Clara' eyes widened as she almost chocked on her own spit. Lydia herself seemed surprised as her voice grew a high pitch, "Did he?"

"Hm. Just as friends. But I just wanted to make sure you're okay with it first." Allison explained but still not feeling remorse towards Lydia. Not that Clara could blame her. Lydia made-out with Scott just after him and Allison broke up, not to mention the fact she was with Jackson. That's like girl code law, a law Clara really wish didn't exist.

Granted, Clara did make-out with Jackson while he was with Lydia but Lydia made out with Scott so it squared it out evenly.

"Sure. As long as it's just friends." The strawberry blonde added but her voice spoke as if she was warning Allison.

"Well, yeah I mean-" The Argent chuckled humorlessly before growing seriousness mixed in with a bit of anger, "It's not like I would take him to the coach's office during lacrosse practice to make out with him or anything."

Lydia paused for a moment, her mouth gaping open slightly, "Yeah, about that..."

"What does that do?" Lydia asked nervously as her and Clara watch Allison attached something to the top of her arrow.

"We're about to find out."

Clara knew exactly what it was; it was a flash grenade that hunter use to blind werewolves. The blindness only last for less that a minute but damn it was annoying. The werewolf knew that she was not going to like anything that would happen in the next few minutes when she saw Allison pull out her bow and arrow. This was a red danger zone for her and Clara could not be more nervous or cautious for that matter.

Allison stood up carefully and positioned her arrow, pulling it back firmly. The hunter then released the arrow and it soared through the clearing of the forest until landing into a tree. Sparks exploded immediately. Clara watched the sparks die down, almost feeling the rush of power yet curiosity that was flowing through Allison. Clara almost found it amusing; the fast that a wolf like herself was watching a hunter shoot.

Lydia let out a gasp of air, her eyes wide with shock, "What the hell was that?"

"I don't know." Allison responded back.

"Well-" Lydia clapped before stepping forward, "that was fun! Any more lethal weapons you wanna try out?"

Everyone froze once they heard the crackling of leaves in the not-so-far distance. For a spit second, Clara considered it was Peter. After finding out Peter was the Alpha, Derek joined his side. At first Clara couldn't even believe it until Scott claimed that him and Peter came to see him to convince Scott to join the pack and help Peter kill people. Clara hasn't seen Derek since and wasn't sure if she wanted to.