chapter thirteen | bite to the dust

13 // Chapter Three

Bite to the Dust

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Faster?"

"Much faster!"

Clara stepped on the gas petal further, her grip on the steering wheel becoming even faster. Scott and Stiles sat in the back even though they were poking their heads in between the passengers and drivers seat. Kate Argent was following quick behind, thinking that the three teenagers in Derek's car were actually Derek.

Stiles hastily glanced behind them, "Clara, I don't think you're grasping the concept of the car chase here."

"If she goes any faster, she'll kill us." Scott defended. After the whole full moon incident and the harsh words that were traded, Scott apolgized and meant it.

"Well, if you don't go faster, they're gonna kill us!" Stiles yelped, panicky looking behind him. Clara quirked an eyebrow before putting the shift gear into overdrive, going faster than before. She looked at the rearview mirror and saw that the Argent's car turned into the next road.

"They're gone." Stiles sighed, letting out a breath of relief. He then hastily grabbed his dad's, stolen, police radio, "All units, suspect is on foot heading into the Iron Works."

Pressing harder on the gas petal, Clara drove the car towards the Iron Works where the cops had caught Derek. When they finally arrived at the Iron Works, Derek was hiding behind a fork lift and Chris Argent was on the cat-walk with a cross-bow in his hand.

Scott leaned over the passenger's seat and opened the door. "Get in!"

Without hesitation, Derek ran into the car just when Chris started to fire shots from his machine gun.

As they got back onto the road, Scott began to yell, "What part of laying low don't you understand?"

"Dammit, I had him!" Derek yelled back, hitting the dashboard.

"Who? The Alpha?"

"Yes!" Derek snapped, "He was right in front of me, and the freakin' police showed up."

"Whoa, hey, they're just doing their jobs -"

Derek turned his head to glare at Stiles before adverting his attention to Scott, "Yeah, thanks to someone who decided to make me the most wanted fugitive in the entire state!"

"Can we seriously get past that? I made a dumbass mistake. I get it." Scott argued back.

"Alright!" Stiles interjected, "How did you find him?"

Derek scoffed before shaking his head. Scott glanced at him, "Can you at least trust us for half a second?"

"Yeah, both of us."

Once again, Derek glared at Stiles, "Or just him and Clara. I'll be back here." He cowered before slumping into the back seat.

"Look the last time I talked to my sister, she was close to figuring something out. She found two things. The first was a guy named Harris." He explained.

Stiles popped his head back in, "Our chemistry teacher?"

"What's the second?" Clara asked.

Derek then unfolded a piece of paper with some odd symbol on it. Clara examined the picture, recognizing it somehow but couldn't quite put her finger on it, "Some sort of symbol." Scott took one look at it before groaning. Derek looked at him, "What? You know what this is?"