chapter nineteen | the perfect shot

19 // Chapter Nineteen

The Perfect Shot

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Everything became a blur

Her vision definitely wasn't 20/20, everything blurred images and foggy sites. Her hearing was faint, hearing yelling but couldn't quite make out the words. She felt someone grabbed her by the jacket and drag her forward before being thrown to the ground next to someone. Telling by the scent, she imagined it was Scott who she was sitting next to.

But finally, her vision cleared and she saw a seriously pissed off Allison walk their way, "Allison, I can explain." She heard Scott say next to her.

"Stop lying. For once, stop lying." Allison said sternly, now standing in front of the two impaired werewolves.

"I was gonna tell you the truth at the formal. I was gonna tell you everything. Because everything that I said, everything that I did -" Scott tried to explained.

"Was to protect me." Allison rolled her eyes, sounding as if she had heard that before a million times and didn't believe one word, "I don't believe you."

"Thank God. Now, shoot him before I have to shoot myself." Kate groaned from behind, slowly walking towards them.

Allison looked behind her, blinking, "You - you said we were just gonna catch them?"

Clara rolled her eyes and scoffed before glaring at Allison, "How naïve can you be, Allison? By hunt she means kill. Maybe even torture I bit if it pleases her psychotic little mind."

Kate ignored the young werewolves' comment, answering her niece instead, "We did that. Now we're gonna kill them." She then swiftly raised her gun and shot Derek in the chest.

Clara's eyes widened as she peered over at Derek, "Derek!"

"See? Not that hard. Oh, no - I know that look. That's the 'you're gonna have to do it yourself' look." Kate said as she stood next to Allison.

She then pointed her gun right at the two werewolves who sat close to each other. Allison then panicked, "Kate! Kate, what are you doing?

Kate pushed Allison away, causing her to fall to the ground. The hunter kept her eyes locked onto both werewolves but lingered on Scott the most, "I love those brown eyes."

"Kate!"

All heads turned to see Chris Argent standing ten feet away from his sister, "I know what you did. Put the gun down."

"I did what I was told to do."

"No one asked you to murder innocent people. There were children in that house, ones who were human." Chris stated as Clara looked at Kate in disgust. She was the cause of this; she killed Derek's entire family in cold blood without remorse. She was more of a monster than any other werewolf. "Look what you're doing now. You're holding a gun at a 16 - year - old boy with no proof he spilled human blood. We go by the code - Nous chassons ceux qui nous chassent."

"We hunt those who hunt us." Clara heard Allison whisper to herself.

"Put the gun down." Chris then pulled out his own gun, pointed right at his own sister. He shot the tree that stood a foot away from Kate, showing he was willing to kill her and was not messing around, "Before I put you down."

That's when the front door of the Hale house creaked open and everyone's attention adverted away from Scott and Clara. "Allison, get back." Chris calmly said to his daughter.

Scott and Clara scrambled up, facing the door like they were ready to attack if necessary. Chris and Kate both had their guns pointed, their finger gently on the trigger.