chapter nine | impulse under pressure

09 // Chapter Nine

Impusle Under Pressure

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

author's note ; i know i was testing out the 1st POV in the last chapter but I will be changing back into 3rd

        "Lock it! Lock it!"

        "Does it look like I have a key?"

        "Grab something!"

        "What?"

        "Anything!"

        Scott and Stiles then glanced outside the door to see the tool, that was able to break through the lock, lying merely feet away. Only problem was that a raging Alpha was outside somewhere waiting for its dinner. The dinner being three scared high schoolers.

        "No!"

        "Yes!" Stiles said before pushing the flashlight into Scott's chest and opening the door, sliding past it. While Scott watched Stiles and his surroundings, Clara stood off to the side with her arms crossed and face unreadable. He was dead. Derek Hale was dead. Of course there was a possibalty that he was alive but it was unlikely.

        This was the problem. Clara cared too much. If she had never gained those feelings for Derek then she wouldn't feel this way. This agony, this pain, this sadness. This heartbreak. The heartbreak she's been trying to avoid at any cost. She was snapped out of her thoughts once Scott started to yell and bang on the door.

        Quickly, Clara looked out the window and saw Stiles picking up the tool, looking at Scott with confusion. Her eyes adverted to his jeep where the Alpha was lurking from. Clara started to bang on the door as well, screaming for him to get inside.

        When Stiles finally noticed that the Alpha was charging at him, he hurried to the door and luckily, got in before the Alpha caught him. Once he was inside, Stiles put the two long ends by the door handles, blocking anyone from getting inside.

        The three frightened teenagers looked out the window and saw no Alpha. Stiles grabbed the light from Scott and flashed it through the window.

        "Where'd it go?" Clara whispered to herself.

        The three then backed away from the door slowly. Scott glanced at his two friends, "That won't hold, will it?"

        "Probably not." Clara mumbled. The three turned and looked around, trying to find anything thay could block the door. Clara froze once she heard a loud, distant howl. The three then sprinted down the hallway and into one of the empty classrooms.

        "The desk!" Scott yelped.

        Scott and Clara grabbed one end while Stiles grabbed the other. Scott and Clara started to push until Stiles stopped them, "The door is not going to keep it out."

        "I know." Scott said.

        "It's your boss." Stiles said abruptly.

        "What?"

        "Deaton, the alpha? Your boss." Stiles continued, trying to make Scott understand.

        "No." Scott whispered in disbelief.

        "Yes, murdering psycho werewolf." He added.

        "It can't be."

        Clara crossed her arms, annoyed with him, "Oh come on. He disappears, and that thing shows up ten seconds later to toss Derek 20 feet through the air? That's not convenient timing?"