Chapter Thirteen

T H I R T E E N

My kind friend, Mickey, helped me once I was discharged. She took me home especially since I was not speaking to my husband, no matter what happened. The fact that I had been in a drug induced coma for about two months just put me in a mood. I really just wanted to get back into my bed but then I'd have to see that jackass.

"Wanna grab a bite to eat? We can stop for Chinese on the way home?", Mickey asked.

I shook my head as I stared out at the passing streets.

"Fried chicken, greens, yams, Mac & cheese, and a side of sweet cornbread...", my mind drifted as I listed off all the things I wanted to be eating besides plain old takeout food. "Can you pull over a second?"

I tried to hold it but once she pulled over, I puked all over the side of the road and groaned in pain at the tug on my stitches from all the movement. They were healed but the dull pain made me clench my teeth. Mickey rubbed my back and helped me back to the car. She passed me a bottle of water and a stick of gum. I thanked her with an exhausted smile.

" I gotchu, sis."

My head began to ache on the trip and I closed my eyes. Once we arrived at the house, I glanced around because I had never been here. I had been to Stasi's goddamn mansion and Bayleigh's nice sized home but I had never been here before.

"Mi casa es su casa!", Mickey yelled as she gestured to the lovely house.

When we approached, a beautiful chocolate skinned woman came over and gave Mickey a hug as well as a kiss. She gestured to me and Mickey introduced us.

"Mom, this is my friend, Sweet. Well, her real name is Alexis and she's Tig's wife."

I extended my hand in greeting.

Mama didn't seem to happy to see me here but she smiled nonetheless and I tried to stay cordial especially with me being a guest in what I could assume was her home. She gave her daughter a look but still played a gracious hostess.

"My daughter told me she was bringing a friend but I thought she was talking about Jace. Um, come inside. We'd love to have you," she continued to be very polite.

"Miss-"

"It's Mrs. Casey, but you can call me Alessandra. I wondered why my daughter had a big order for chef but I can see that she's not eating by herself," Mickey's mom corrected me when we made it inside of the house and I just nodded.

"Alessandra, where may I find the bathroom?", I asked calmly but my stomach was very much chaotic at this point.

"Mickey, help our guest out!"

Once we made it to the bathroom, I took a deep breath but it was too late for me to try to push the nausea down. My child was not going to let me be great. The nausea just hit me so hard that Mickey had to pick me up off the floor and help me get myself together.

She helped me to the kitchen and sat me down in a little corner. I sighed in relief as I closed my eyes and tried not to move so much.

"Here you are, Miss Michaela," the chef came to the table near us and started putting down dishes filled with food.

I noticed that all the food I had talked about was sitting in front of me smelling so damn delicious that my mouth watered again.

"I texted Mom to get chef started on what you wanted to eat. She had already been making the Mac and fried chicken so she really only had to add the greens, yams, & cornbread. Chef's fast in the kitchen plus her food is really, really good so enjoy."

"Thank you so much. Let's just hope I can keep it all down," I joked as I picked up a plate and grabbed a fork to start dishing food onto my plate.

Alessandra, Mickey's mom, joined us at the table with a glass of wine. Mickey tried to pick it up and her mom slapped her on the hand.

"The last time I checked you were not 21 nor was I your sister who lets you stay up all night drinking," her mother gave her a look that made her drop her head and instead grab one of the sodas that Chef had placed on the table along with her food.

I dug into my food and tried to eat slowly knowing it was possible for it to come back up if I wasn't careful. Mrs. Casey was watching me and I finally stopped to give her a questioning look.

"You're a very beautiful girl, Sweet. Where did you say you were from?"

"Originally from Memphis, transferred to Cali to attend Stanford University, and almost made it to NYC at a prestigious hospital but other priorities got in the way," I shrugged as I continued eating not trying to let myself get reminiscent of the past.

"What were you? Nurse?"

"A surgeon. I have really steady hands and I wanted to be a trauma surgeon."

Alessandra nodded in approval and I guess I melted her icy heart as she pulled a plate to her and began filling it up with greens & Mac.

Mickey tapped me on the shoulder and I gave her a look. She handed me her phone and I read the text that Bayleigh had sent her. They wanted to let me know that Tig was looking for me and obviously bothering all the other girls. I didn't care because I didn't need him to guilt me into staying with him.

"All this stress is not good for the baby..."

And I completely agreed with her.