Chapter Two

Now Playing: Janine & The MT's Dark Mind

The Sons led me to my new home in Charming before they separated except for Tig who pulled up beside me when I stopped at a red light. I didn't want to have to depend on a man. Especially not one who was racist.

"Follow me from here. We need to talk!", He yelled into my window when he leaned over.

I nodded in understanding.

He needed to set boundaries and I needed to set my own limits. This debt would be the death of me but I'd be damned if I were treated like a dumb slave.

We ended up in a park area with benches and open fields for picnics and running around. I hopped out after tugging off my jacket and pulled on my knife holster. Tig turned off his bike and hopped up on a picnic table with a cigar in hand.

I rolled my eyes.

"Do you-", Tig paused as if he didn't know how to speak properly. "Do you want to sit down?", He gave the spot beside him a gentle pat.

My guards were up. Clearly in place seeing as I had my knife in plain view if he tried anything. Plus I knew my way around a body, alive and dead.

"Laroy said you were smart. How'd you end up in his crew?"

"I'm not in his crew. My brother did some dumb shit and now I'm paying off debts to keep my family safe and away from danger," I explained as I sat down beside him with a heavy sigh. Talking about this just reminded me how Ken and I ended up all alone with gangsters running our lives. "My mom and dad are retired, living in Arizona, and my little brother is probably making them proud."

"You miss them?", it made me cringe how he painfully awkward he sounded when he asked me that.

"Tig. Don't pretend you care or you want to care. I'm just your wife on paper, right? As soon as we tie the knot you treat me like outsider, force me to be your slave, and have your way with all those whores that men like you brag about."

We sat in silence for a few minutes until he crushed his cigar and stood up straightening his cut.

"What I do is none of your business, you little n-", the switch was quick and I somehow expected nothing less from him.

I slapped him as hard as I could and prepared for the retaliation as I kicked my foot out and struck him in the stomach. He bowed over but his hand came up to smack me as I hopped off the table. I clutched my jaw as it ached.

Spitting out blood, I glared darkly at the asshole. He might have killer instincts but I had instincts to protect me from killers. I jumped on him and began to throw my fist left and right at any part I could reach. He flipped me over and held my hands out over my head. I struggled against him spitting out words of anger but the only reason I did was because he hurt me with his words.

He hurt me by being a jerk.

Being what they all warned us against as children.

I turned my head as tears started to stream. The hurt piled on top of the scars I already had inside of me.

He was no different.

"Hit me again and I will skin you alive," Tig's voice was harsh and cold. I wasn't the only one with a killer attitude, I see. "Now sit down so I can tell you what to expect from my end."

I swiped at the tears and stared blankly at him.

-

We reached a white home with a white picket fence and a two car garage. He parked his bike on the left and I took the initiative to park on the right. I hopped out and grabbed my bags not wanting to wait until later.