Chapter Eighteen

E I G H T E E N

"Can you listen to what you're saying?", Mickey asked as I kept walking, ignoring her as I grabbed everything that belonged to me. "You are going to leave behind your family out of fear. I could see if my Dad will do something to help."

"This is my problem, Mick. I don't want anyone getting hurt or consequences to fall on other people. It's my problem..."

She stood off to the side and even though it took a lot, her hands started moving and picking up clothes to fold and place them in the boxes lying around. I hummed softly as I moved stuff around quickly. My mind raced with thoughts of trying to escape this life and get away from my husband.

My baby came first.

"You got the name printed?", Mickey cooed softly as she lifted the onesie that I planned to bring home the baby in.

My eyes got watery as I watched how happy she got. Damn it! I wanted to leave but I also wanted to stay. Stay close to Stasi who acts like the baggy older sister even though I'm a couple years older than her, Mickey who rubs my belly and feeds me whatever I'm craving, and Tig who never can understand how the insides of me get warm when he cuddles me at night. I couldn't leave it to chance in bringing my baby into a world of danger.

"Rethink this, please..."

()()()()()

I giggled as the feeling of the wet sticky paper strip layered on top of another and my eyes widened as I actually saw how big my belly had gotten over the past 2 and a half months. In over a few weeks, I would have my baby in my arms. They would be so loved and happy and most importantly safe.

"Beautiful, mama," Alessandra smiled widely as her hands helped mold the belly cast.

"Thank you. Can you feel the baby?", I gasped as my little babe stretched out by the feeling of pressure against my spine and the sudden urge to pee hit me. "I think she just kicked me in the spleen!"

"Be nice to Mommy, little one."

We used a blow dryer to get it to dry quick even though it tightened as soon as she stopped adding strips.

After I took it off, I could see how sculpted my belly was and the interesting part of painting my cast just made me so excited. The first thing I could imagine was stars and then little hearts and I scribbled my name in one corner and the baby's right above my left breast.

I just couldn't wait to meet my baby.

Alessandra made us dinner which was small because my appetite had been up and down for the past two months. I ate three times a day but no more than several bites of food. Tonight we were having authentic Mexican tacos and it looked like we were having barbecued chicken off the grill as our meat.

"Thanks, Michael."

"Call me Mikey, sweet girl. I'm not going to bite," Stasi's dad joked as he handed me a plate full of chicken he shredded with his knives.

I took it to the kitchen and started to assemble my tacos taking a lemon and squeezing it over everything before taking the biggest bite possible.

"Damn, that's good!", I breathed after I nearly inhaled one whole taco in one big ass bite

"Damn, that's good!", I breathed after I nearly inhaled one whole taco in one big ass bite. I sighed like this was Heaven on a plate as I kept eating.

"Big and healthy," Alessandra joked as she poured a glass of ice cold fresh lemonade for me.

I had to admit that this was the best stress free vacation that I have ever had. Well technically, it wasn't a vacation since I hadn't left town but I felt safe and secure nonetheless.

"Jacky boy! Long time no see," Mikey exclaimed happily as Stasi gave her dad a kiss and he moved away from the food to shake Jax's hand.

I smirked as Stasi tried to hide a hickey from her mother and instead slid over to me to assess my baby belly. She tried to steal my taco and I damn near smacked her hand off. Never ever touch a pregnant woman's food!

"Stasi told me what you're having," Jax came over and I quirked a brow.

"Don't do that, Jax. She's going to beat my ass! Look at her. She stopped eating just to stare you down," Stasi smacked his arm and made him move away.

"Damn, no wonder Tig likes you! Y'all both crazy," Jax joked but moves away from the pregnant woman as she continued to glare at him.

Stasi rolled her eyes at Jax trying to start trouble.

()()()()

My head spun, not literally, but I felt like it was so freaking heavy as I tried to rest. The late nights were getting to me. I had been up pretty much panicking about how this baby was coming out. You never really know how you feel about giving birth until it becomes something suddenly closer and closer.

"What's wrong?", Tig asked.

I turned over and tried my best to rest. The baby was active tonight and I was in Hell because of it. Maybe they senses their dad was nearby.

"Sleep..."

"Come here, then. I'll rub you."

Some days I would knock him over the head for being nasty all the damn time but others I just let him go with it. He brought me close and I felt his hands massaging my underbelly relieving some of the pressure the baby was putting on me. It felt so good but then I just felt pain all of a sudden.

"Gaaahhh."

I took a deep breath. My hands gripped the blanket beneath me but as another pain hit me, I damn near pissed my self. I let the blanket go and pushed Tig's hands away from me.

"Baby, did you just wet the bed?", my idiotic husband asked.

I cried out in pain again and as tears came to my eyes, I wanted to beat his ass so badly.

"No, I'm fucking going into labor you jackass! Go get Mrs. Casey!"

"Baby! Baby? We're having the baby today?!", Tig got super excited and jumped out of the bed. He hurried to pull on some clothes.

I ignored his excitement and focused on the fact that my baby wasn't due for another two weeks. My contractions were kicking my ass and I don't think I was ready. I am so scared.

READY FOR THE GENDER REVEAL ☺️