Chapter Fourteen

F O U R T E E N

When I tell you that we hopped on a plane so fast that it wasn't even funny...

I wanted to be near the beach and yes, I could have found one closer to home but I didn't want to.

"Where are we going?", I asked Mickey and Stasi as we landed and they gave me an excited smile.

In Miami, they had this huge house that was just by the beach and Stasi promised me that we could stay for the weekend to clear our heads or mine at least. We all headed inside the house which was very huge and magnificent. I was super tired so instead of asking for a tour, I asked for the nearest bathroom to pee and the bedroom that was closest to it.

Fortunately, they gave me a nice sized room with a bathroom connected to it.

I tapped my fingers against the counter as I took several deep breaths. My phone was buzzing so I pulled it from my back pocket and opened it up to see what was going on. My "husband" had decided to call me.

"What is it?", I answered.

"How are you? Why didn't you tell me that you were leaving?"

I rolled my eyes.

"Like you care. It's not enough you embarrass me by being a man whore but you have to impregnate me. I'm debating if I'll even keep it."

"You're not getting an abortion!"

"Fuck you, Alex Trager! You don't own me and if I want to return to sender this baby of mine I will...", I snapped even though I was anxious and didn't really want to make any hasty decisions hence why I came to Miami with the girls. "Stasi told me that y'all have heat on your asses anyways from the little confrontation with the other gang."

"Calm your ass down! Don't upset my baby. You were just in a coma a couple days ago and you still decided to get on a plane with Stasi's crazy ass," Tig started going in on me and I rolled my eyes as he tried to act like he was my damn father.

"You care so much. Hope you don't trip and find yourself balls deep in another bitch. You know how you guys love to fuck everything that has a pussy."

I ended the call and threw my phone on the bed.

My head was hurting and all of a sudden I felt a craving for some strawberries. I headed downstairs to join the girls only to find Stasi and Mickey making up shots and passing them out. My lips poked out in a pout as I bypassed their bottle and grabbed a glass and filled it with juice instead.

After getting my strawberries, I laid in the bed and tried to keep myself from getting nauseous. Stasi had teased me with picking out the perfect name for a boy or a girl. She told me that I had two stepdaughters that were pretty crazy and she would pray for my baby seeing who his/her parents are. I asked her for some tips since she acted like the perfect stepmother to baby Abel. She said that I would learn as I go like she did.

"I'm so tired."

"You were just in a coma. How does that work?", Mickey asked as she came into my room with popcorn.

I rolled my eyes and let her climb in the bed with me. She turned the TV on and rented us Spider Man: Homecoming. I fell asleep halfway in after she kept rubbing my belly which was barely showing.

The house was pretty nice. We had a beach nearby and I spent some days walking on the water and just basking in the wonderful warm sun. I wasn't being pressured by the girls to talk about whether or not I was keeping the baby. They knew it was ultimate my decision.

On the last day we were there, we had a bonfire and I sat near the pit with my one glass of wine. The girls were chatting and then Bayleigh asked me if I had finally made a decision.

"In all honesty, I never thought about killing my baby. I just... I just had this fear of bringing my baby into a life where he/she wasn't loved or felt neglected. Being here with you guys made me realize that no matter what happens, me and my baby will be loved."

"At first, I was skeptical about you," Stasi pointed out. "You came in from a rival gang so I felt like you were going to try to get info and feed it back to the Niners but I haven't seen you do any snake shit yet. If you got our back then we got yours."

I began to tear up at that statement.

"And when you're ready to name me the godmother, don't be scared," Mickey smiled widely as she lifted her glass of wine.

The girls laughed but no one objected. It seemed obvious how obsessed Mickey was with my unborn having damn near slept in the bed with me the whole trip and rubbing my belly as well as making sure she fed me every hour. She was definitely catering to me.

So I would definitely consider her for godmother.