01

diaries.

Skylar St. James

February 2017
Today I got the answers from my top colleges on my admittance and financial aid offers. My heart is in the bottomless pit of my stomach and it only keeps dropping the more I think of it.

After a lot of time and consideration I finally narrowed down my top Universities to three, New York University, Fashion Institute of Technology, and the one I hate that I'm still even considering, University of California Los Angeles. Staying in New York after high school seems great and the scholarships I got give me a really nice opportunity, but I haven't been able to shake the feeling that UCLA is where I should be ever since I visited my freshman year of high school.

Staying home means a lot to me though, I would still be able to help out around the house, the journalism and communications programs are great, and of course, the biggest factor to this decision. Harry.

Harry quickly made the decision to stay home and continue writing music with the boys. His little band has played a few gigs in Westchester and Brooklyn, they even did a few on the island. I don't think they've even really settled on a name yet, but they have a four year plan to grow the band. Harry and I haven't really gotten around to talking about where I fit into all of it. I think it scares us both.

Being with someone for 3 years is a long time, especially with the history Harry and I have. We quickly went from friends to lovers when he moved here from England with his Mom, but sometimes I wonder if the basis of our relationship is on pillars of sand.

I think it's time I talk to him about going to UCLA, I think he would want me to reach for my dreams, and maybe we can make it work, I mean, the music industry is all in LA anyways, maybe he can come with me.