25

locks.
Mackenzie Wheeler

I have been friends with Skye for three years. She's a close friend, and I don't think she'd ever lie to me, but everything she is saying feels like it is coming out of terrible movie. I feel bad for her. It's like she could never catch a break.

This isn't something she needs right now,
this isn't something she deserves.
I mean if I'd known her ex was Harry fucking Styles ... maybe I dont have to tell her, adding to all of this seems cruel. I have to tell her right?

I continue tossing away the old yogurt containers and perishables as I mull this all over a few times. How could I have slept with my best friends ex? I really shouldn't say anything just yet, not until she calms down a little. I wish I knew sooner about all of this. I wish she didn't turn to him again. God I fucking wish she would have just came to my place that night.

She should have just came to my place but in some ways I can't even be mad at her, he's so alluring and interesting. It's sickening to think about what he could do with the kind of chokehold he has on most girls across America. Across the world.

While I'm deep in thought, a shrilling shriek comes from Skye's bedroom. I feel my heart burst out of my chest as my stomach drops to the floor. I lift my foot off the lever to the garbage pail and run over to her.

The window is open with a slight breeze coming through. She stands so still as she stares at the wall,
"WEE SEE YOU.
DROP MANIC."
Is written across it with red paint. There's a piece of paper, what seems to be a note on the wall, pinned up by none other than a knife.

The sight leaves me in shock. I didn't think she was being dramatic or enhancing the story in anyway, but now as she begins hyperventilating, I can feel my pulse in my temples and throughout my body. I feel like I can't catch my breath at the sight of all of this. I rest my hand on her shoulder.

"Breathe, Skye, breathe." I reassure her in hopes that maybe I could listen to my own advice. Without many specifics besides just knowing she was absolutely terrified, I could definitely tell why.

I walk over to the note on the wall.
"Skylar and Mackenzie,
Your boldness is not appreciated nor wise.
We're watching until you drop the book.
This isn't just a threat or a message.
It's a promise.
Have you checked on your guard?"

My eyes widen, and I run across the apartment to the front door, I open it to find George's, lifeless and on the floor. Skye seems to have also read the message as she comes behind me only a few seconds later, and looks out the door.

I begin to notice the pool of blood around him, "Oh my god, oh my god." I begin to whisper beneath my breath, I can't seem to find any adequate words to describe the pure shock throughout my body.

I turn to see her eyes widen and she pushes me aside to slam the door shut, promptly locking it. She picks up the phone as tears begin streaming down her face. I watch quietly near the doorway as she goes into the living room to close all the curtains and I watch as she loops around the apartment trying to close off every window.

"Harry... it's me, I'm at the apartment and I don't really think its safe for you to come but um, someone broke in and they left a-- message, and George is dead, Harry I don't know-- I don't know what's going on." I stand by the door in shock that she's even forming words at this point. Being that she's rambling, I'm not surprised but I just can't even find syllables right now.

"No, Harry I don't want you coming in. Can you send someone else? Somethings not right.... Yeah im at the apartment, Yeah I know we talked about it."

She has some odd sense of preservation over him, but she shouldn't not when SHE'S the one in danger here. It's funny how none of this started until he got here. Something isn't right about them. I knew it at the cabana, and I know it even more now.