11

hands.

Skye

The office is my new safe space. I absolutely love it here. The quiet solitude and my ability to zone out go hand in hand, but I also get my best work done. I've come in on two of my off days, haven't been late since my first day and have buried myself in my work. I feel like my Dad would be happy to hear from me about how it's going, he seemed excited for me when I finally got the job after all the internships in college to build my resume it was so appealing to finally be paid for my work. I just never would have imagined I would be the one writing.

I make it fun for myself, wearing a well put together outfit and curling my hair in the morning to perfect waves in an effort to keep a stable routine. After work I go to spin class and then i come home, and shower. My most favorite part of the day is drinking a glass of wine and texting Niall, but I haven't heard from him since the night before Harry's interview.

Driving Harry back to the hotel seemed like a power move at the time but I haven't heard from him or any of the boys. I was beginning to think they wouldn't come in for the secondary interview today, but once again they're standing in the front lobby. I'm curious if they came to some agreement that they wouldn't talk to me outside of work, honestly it would probably all be so much easier that way. It's only been two days, and Harry said he had plans when I dropped him off I guess I could chalk it up to that.

I'm not really sure why I'm trying to rationalize the sudden drop in communication, I guess I care a little bit what a client thinks of me. That's all I can really see them as, especially because CeCe wants to sit in on this interview. I can't joke with them or lead on that I have been talking to them or have ever hung out with them.

This will be hard.

Honestly, writing about them is really hard too. I thought I would simply transcribe the interviews to have it over with but one of the editors, Tom, said that wasn't what they were looking for, so I had to rework the interviews into a cohesive article. Everything about taking them on as clients has been difficult, including Harry's little outburst in his primary interview.

When I think about it, I can still feel my cheeks heat up, that smirk and laugh are still able to drive me insane even after days of not seeing him.

I walk over to the conference room before CeCe goes to meet them in the lobby to set up my things. She said to make the room as comfortable as possible for me and she would simply be a "fly on the wall" that analogy used to kind of disgust me.

Opening my laptop and setting up the chairs the way I would like them across from me, I sit back down in my seat and wait, scrolling through the questions, I take a sip of my water and the boys come bursting through the door.

"Skye St. James! There's our girl!" I nearly choke on my water as Louis exclaims. The professionalism in this room is dropping by the millisecond. Him and Niall are seemingly the most excited to see me, while Liam and Harry are slumped behind them. I look at Harry's bloodshot eyes.

Don't tell me he came to the fucking interview high.

CeCe smiles at the camaraderie in the room and takes a seat herself as I signal the boys to do the same with a smile. I explain that I need to do separate interviews for each of the boys and they all agree while Harry sits quietly in his seat, not taking his eyes off his phone.

Wearing a black calvin klein t-shirt and black jeans, he rests his ankle on his knee. I notice he's a lot more muscular now as the shirt hugs his chest and shoulders. He pays no mind to any conversation, but gets out of the room when instructed to.

Getting through the individual interviews was easy, this was a little deeper and they seemed to steer clear of questions regarding their upcoming fame. How did they get from point A to point B so quickly? They went from playing bars and small venues to stadiums and arenas across the US in two years, but are going on their first world tour after 3 and a half and I can't wrap my head around it.